How Serious Do You Take Your Money?

Sikapa

Verified member
I don't joke with my money at all and people think I'm ungenerous but this is not so. During work time I'm so serious because I know this is the right time for me to make money. How you every think of you 70s and 80s if you are broke? I tell you life will be more bitter that time and I know this so I'm always eager to make money on any good means.

Sticking to my own money does not mean I'm stingy but it mean I hustled for it and therefore I should take good care of it too.
One thing I have learned in life is "life is such a great teacher that if you don't take a lesson, it will repeat it". This always makes me to understand the important of making money so life will never repeat itself.

How serious do you take your money? Do you want to work and get more money or you just finish use the money you get before you start working again?

Kendy

Verified member
We live in a world where people have the mindset or mentality of entitlement. I do not see the reason why anyone should solely depend on another person's source of livelihood. I have been in contact with people with this mindset and I had to cut ties with them. They would lend money from me and promise to refund within a stipulated timeframe, but when the time reaches, they would display a nonchalant attitude just so they could pick up a fight and not pay if possible. I take my money seriously because I work hard for it. Those with this entitlement mentality do not have what it takes to give me money or even lend me, but at every slight opportunity, they would want to milk from me, even when they are earning higher.

There are people also who no matter how you teach them how to fish, they would not be interested rather they wait on you, while their own job is either to borrow or to force you into giving it out free. Currently, I stopped the habit of lending money out to people who I thought are friends but in reality are not because of the bad experiences I keep encountering.

Rachael

Verified member
When it comes to making money, I take into consideration every penny I make. I have never been carefree when it comes to money because I do not earn much and I am still trying to manage myself. I came across one lady who was a friend and she was always so entitled to my money, coupled with the fact that I am unemployed and she is employed, earning over $200 but it baffles me how she would squander all the money before the next pay and resort on borrowing up and down. I have actually told her that since she is indiscipline when it comes to money matters, she should join a team contribution and ensures that she is the last person to pick yet, after she joined, after two months, she went to withdraw the money from the team and she is now in square one again.

At times, it is not even about how much we earn but how well we are able to utilize our funds. I do not joke with money because I know how I suffer for every penny I make but I am very generous when it comes to giving and this has landed me in problems when I am unable to give.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Well, from people before me I have learned a lot from them and as you have stated it will be foolish of one to make history repeats itself. Experience is the best teacher; I had an uncle that was comfortable which I believe is the right word than using rich. He was doing well for himself as a young man but his problem was that he spent his money as it comes in. he wasn’t the saving type couple with the kind of friends he was keeping at that time so it became very difficult for him to save. But unfortunately, at a point he was laid off his job and his life took a dive. All those fair weather friends disappear and that was it. He lived afterward in penury still his death.

So if you don’t take care of your money, then you are leaving a big chance to go broke without any help. I take care of my money because it is hard earned, I give yes but not to the point of being stupid no. I don’t even indulge lazy people because you would make them more lazy. Everyone need to work for their money and that’s it

Abigael

Valued Contributor
I take my money so seriously too. I have so many plans for my future and that requires that I save so much right now. Then I can be able to afford everything I have planned for. Therefore, I take my earning, saving and investing so seriously because I have a plan on how much money I need to earn.

The pandemic taught many of us the importance of having emergency funds and ability to afford things during hard times. So I usually save for such emergencies. Whenever I earn money, I set aside some for the plans I have and others for the emergencies that may occur.

I have also learnt the importance of having insurance. Especially the health insurance. It is so unfortunate that these days, it is so easy to get sick and develop some really bad health conditions. Which makes it really hard if you don't have some money saved for medical care.

Lastly, I take my earnings seriously because I know the importance of having several streams of income. If is the only way I can earn a high amount of income and afford all the things I have mentioned above. After all, it takes so much effort to get money and so it should be taken seriously.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Just as I take my life seriously , that is absolutely the same way that I take my money seriously , money is a very important tool to human survival and it must be used and spend wisely and sensibly . no one make money in order to use it rather we make money in order to use it to possibly acquire more money . why are you saying that I take my money serious is because I do not invest my money in unwholesome investments that have a low trust score or possibly have the potential to vanish or run away someday . majority of individuals have possibly Lucia money to online scammers and platform fraudsters in the course of investing it , so as to breed out more money .

Personally I will advise everyone to be serious in the way that he use his money ,and in the area of giving money you must make sure to give your money to individuals that are worth giving to . By the grace of God by white on how to be wealthy and Rich I wouldn't go back from helping people to also build offline and online business of theirs . But one thing I must make sure is that these individuals that I am about to help financially must be serious and also know how to manage money as well .

Suba

Staff member
Even though I need money to live but money doesn't have to control me, I always try to control the money I get, both working offline and online. Money can make me happy when I can help others, by making donations. be it for poor people, natural disasters or other events. and I will never be afraid of going broke or being poor.

E

eldavis

I want a situation where I do not have to wait until I am broke before money comes in, I am seriously trying to grow my financial life to a stage where money would keep on coming in from multiple sources of income and not just one place

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
The point is that everyone take their earning seriously because at least everyone are just trying, in fact everyone are looking for opportunities to make money but a situation in which people cannot dedicate their time to their earning opportunities, then how will you be able to make money consistently ?

Personally I do not really take money serious up to that extent , but what I do is that I take my earning seriously and I always try as much as possible to make sure I create time to make money even in the face of maximum distraction because all this distraction are agent that tries to prevent you from doing the things that will benefit you in the future.

The reason why so many people take their earning seriously is because they can't even imagine being unable to provide for their family in the future.

The world is becoming more modernized and a lot of people are not just interested in becoming broke because being poor nowadays especially in the modern society is not necessary . If anyone is Poor automatically that means the person is the one responsible for it. I don't see anything wrong with taking your earning opportunity seriously.