How much employee is enough for your business.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Majority of business owners in the process of planning the implementation and the establishment of their business ideas are usually faced with the problem of how much of employee they should initially employ to keep the business practices and activities afloat . and some of them have refused to establish their business as a result of not being able to answer this question . According to business experts and gurus it is important to employ your employees depending on the amount of your initial capital . you shouldn't make the mistake to employ more than what your initial capital can carry .

To be more elaborate , 10 to 15 employees for a for a start of a minimum business organisation is okay , and you can consider employing more employees when the business profit and income increases . Labour is an important factor to boost business output and productivity but yet it shouldn't be over employed , because over employment of labour in a particular business organisation will make the business organisations to be in the rate of diminishing return which has devastating and disappointing effect and result on The business . So it is best to employ your employees in relative to the increase of a business output , reputation , Goodwill , and productivity

Augusta

VIP Contributor
For me the numbers of employees that a business will need depends on the type abd size of the business. there's no need taking too much people into a small business and wasting money on them in the name of salary. these employees might just become redundant as they have nothing to offer as per they are no tasks to be completed. Same is applicable to employing fewer employees for large amount of jobs. This can make the job tiring for the few hands available to work So the sure bet is employing the number of employees that will be enough for the tasks of the company. So I can't give a specific number since the size of the company is the determinant factor.

Setho

VIP Contributor
One of the mistakes that a lot of people usually do and some people are going to see it as a small thing but it can go a long way in impacting business is the number of employees that you have chosen to employ . It is very good that you should have sufficient people that can be able to work for you but then if you are going to employ too many people at the same time you are going to be spending a necessary money .

Whenever you want to employ people it is very advisable that the first thing you should do is to evaluate the amount of customers that you are expecting to be seeing in a day . This is not going to mean that you can allocate customers to each employee and then you can be able to know the exact people that can satisfy them .

As the business is progressing you can be able to keep on adding based on the amount of customers that you are increasing . There can also come sometime whereby the business is regressing and you will need to conserve money that you are spending and in this period of time it is best that you just lay of some people understandably.

E

eldavis

There is no law that stats you need to have a specific number of employee for your business, hire as many that is needed for each department. Always make sure you hire only does needed. If a single person is more than capable of handling two things, leg them do it. Instead of hiring too many hands.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I am not a business owner at the moment, and I wouldn't work with employees either during my future business start up. I already have my plans, and what I want to achieve in the business first before seeking for employees. I want to go into online business first, then move on to acquire an offline business, I know it's never easy, but I believe it will come to fruition because I've gotten basic ideas of the business I want to operate online, I just need some reasonable amount of money to go into such business on my dream. At the starting I said no employees, because I know how hard it takes to keep a business afloat to bring consistent profit. If I hire employees at the premature level when my capital or reserve funds isn't much, I might go early bankrupt, especially when when business isn't generating much to take care of employees needs/salaries.

Kendy

Verified member
The number is employees that is enough for a particular business is highly dependant on the scale of the business. At the point of developing a business plan, it is pertinent that an employer should determine the definite number of hire-on he wants to employ and should also ascertain how much they would be paid in accordance to the nature of the job, their qualifications and the state of the economy. It is wrong to underpay your staff because the economy ia harsh. The rate at which prices of goods and services is uprising is alarming and if you underpay your employees, how do you expect them to cope in the midst of such economic crisis or how do you expect them to be satisfied at work.

Such employees would be disgruntled and the quality of work would be reduced. If the business is in a large scale, it is important to hire a handful of employees so they could attend to customers. It would be wrong to keep a customer waiting for too long and your competitor could use prompt response or attendance to customers to attract or take your customers base. The number of employees should be ascertained at the initial stage and should be professionally trained on how to receive customers and address their complaints.

ElenduFc

The first step is to create an organizational chart that clearly defines every job function required to effectively operate your company. Initially, multiple job functions may be covered by a small number of employees. For example, sales, operations and payroll is initially the CEO's responsibility.

As your company grows, you will need to watch for indicators that the efficiency, productivity or quality of your work may be being impacted by inadequate staffing. Examples of those indicators are more frequent service failures, a higher number of customer complaints, employee burnout, excessive overtime, an inability to fulfill new orders in a timely matter, etc.

You should be able to develop statistical data tied to your industry that allows you to mathematically calculate when an employee hire is required.

An easy way to determine this calculation is to take your annual revenue divided by your average annual employee count and divide by 12 for the number of months. This will give you a number that reflects the amount of income required to sustain the productive employee. Obviously, there are other factors that impact this number, but it serves as a gauge for your organization.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
This is actually difficult to decide at the early stage of your business. Imagine this: you've just closed a big deal that will bring in more revenue than ever before. You're feeling pretty good about yourself, and then it hits you: you'll need to hire more people to take on the new projects.

You might be feeling a little nervous. Hiring someone can be both stressful and expensive. You don't want to overhire—but at the same time, you don't want to underhire, either.

So what's the magic number? How many employees do you need to hire? Well, that depends on your individual circumstances and business. Here are some general guidelines that may help.

Do I have enough customers or clients? If yes, then...

You probably should hire one or two new employees right away. You don't want your clients to go away because they didn't receive the attention or service they deserve—and as a result, they won't come back again in the future.

If you have enough cash flow (money coming in) to handle paying another person, you should hire at least one person right now—even if you think it won't happen immediately, it's better to be prepared than not!

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
This is an important question because there are so many companies that have a very low amount of employees and they usually end up suffering due to under-staffing.

Under-staffing Can Cause Many Problems

Under-staffing could lead to a huge number of problems due to many reasons first of All, under-staffing actually increases stress and pressure on your employees. Under-staffing leads to more burden on your employees because a few number of employees would have to bear the burden. Two people cannot usually handle the work pressure of five people. This is why it is hard to run business smoothly if you do not hire enough employees.

Some Workplaces Always Have Vacancies Available All The Time

I have always noticed that certain workplaces always have work available for people and this means that vacancies are always available in such kind of places. This is an important factor because many employees work in such places for temporarily and then leave. You can seek employment in such places. But you must remember that you may not have a bright future in such kind of places. However, opting for such kind of job might help you temporarily in case you need a job desperately.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
To be very honest and sincere the problem of how many employees you should employ in your business is one of the most frequently asked question by individuals who newly established offline businesses and commercial business organisations . Majority of business owners at an initial stage employee more than a usual amount of employees in their business organisation and this totally hinders productivity this is due to the economics problem of what is known as production possibility curve . This simply means that if productivity is lesser than the amount of labour available production will not increase but rather it would be on a diminishing rate .

It is advised to increase the employment of your employees and staff according to her productivity improves in your business organisation , first of all at the initial stage of establishing a business it is usually advisable to employ just a minimum of four to five employees for a start . And if the need arises to employ more employees due to the fact that productivity has increased and so there is need for labour to also increase , then it is advised that you should employ more employees according to your taste and preference as the business employer or owner .

Ajebo25

Verified member
For me I think the number of people which you will employee in your company will depend on the amount or decides of your company called the amount of production what you company needs if you think you want to start a large scale of Business then even need a lot of bending on the profits which to company is making if the company is making a large profits and you think you can pay a large number of people then it is okay but if you think the amount of people which are currently working on your company is enough to meet up with production of your company then it is okay to leave the people and not much people

But if you want to start it small business which will only generates a little profits then you will have to calculate profit which will be able to satisfy you and can also paid number of people which you are going to employ in your business if the money can only employee just one person than just employee the one person so you're business wouldn't go bankrupt I don't think you need someone when you're managing a small scale business that's not even a company.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Starting a business always comes with a lot of stress and at the same time you really need to be a very strategic in order to succeed on the long run because some certain mistakes you may make can affect the business.

There are a lot of business ventures I have in mind now and if I can have the money then I'll probably venture into them. One of it is poultry business. Poultry business is a kind of business that is very lucrative in this part of the world and there are many people looking good amount of money from it. I have a close friend of mine who is into the business even though he he has not expanded into but it is progressing.

I think $2000 can definitely start a business and probably make me a lot of profit in the long run. There are several online businesses I am very much interested which such as affiliate marketing, crypto trading and some of them. This business ventures does not really require a lot of money to get started with. So $500 is quite very ok to kick start affiliate marketing or cryptocurrency trading and make profit in the long run.