Earn Money How Much Does Beginner Transcriptionists Make?

A lot of people are looking at the new career opportunity of being a transcriptionist and wondering how much do beginner transcriptionists make in their first year on the job. The first year of a transcriptionist's employment is generally very difficult because they are usually working for nothing but their wages. Other factors involved in this job are the time it takes to learn the technical skills that go along with being a transcriptionist and the time it takes to learn the business skills necessary to make it in the industry. Even after you are gainfully employed, many people find that their income is not as high as they had expected because they never considered the hidden costs of being a transcriptionist.

How much do beginner transcriptionists make?

How much do beginner transcriptionists make in their first year? It varies greatly depending on what kind of training and education that a transcriptionist has received. There are a number of ways that this can vary and there are a few industries that do not require as much training as others. For example, a general transcriptionist will not have to attend specialized schools in order to get a good amount of training. They will generally just receive the required training from their employer and go right on in making their living transcribing.

On the other hand, some transcriptions may have to undergo an extensive training program before they are able to get hired and start making a substantial income. In some cases, this could take several years and cost in the tens of thousands of dollars. Many people who are employed as transcriptionists make six figure incomes. However, once they complete their training, it is not uncommon for them to begin making less money.

Advantage of being transcriptionist

There are some advantages to becoming a transcriptionist that go beyond the fact that you are getting paid quickly and easily.

1. First, you will always be available. It does not matter how many responsibilities you have or how many hours you work. As long as you are available, your employer will never be at a loss for someone to fill in. You could literally take on any transcription job you find. This could mean that you work from home, which is ideal for stay at home moms or those who want to make a lot more money without having to go into debt.

2. Second advantage is that the competition for transcriptionists is less intense than it used to be. A few years ago, if you wanted to make transcription money, you had to train for a certain amount of time at a transcription school or complete specialized training at a university. The advent of the internet has eliminated a lot of the cost associated with going to school and provides a cheaper alternative. Transcriptionists who can type well, listen well and use proper spelling and grammar also often make more money than those who do not meet these requirements.

If you are thinking about how much do beginner transcriptionists make, then the best advice is to get started as a transcriptionist as quickly as possible. There are no ceilings on the money that you can make, but you need to be aware that the pay scale is not going to be high. Most beginning jobs pay around forty dollars an hour. As your skills improve, you will see a bump up to fifty dollars an hour, but beyond that, there is really very little increase in pay. As you become better and more experienced, you can increase your pay until you reach the top of the list at places like Home Depot. After that, you can take it from there.​

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I have learnt for almost a month now on how to become a professional transcriptionist but it is difficult for me to pass the test from some transcription sites online, is there anyway you can help me about that because that I've been the hindrances is I have in my transcription journey so far