How much do you get as pocket money as a college student?

Well, I don't get that much in school, I receive about $25 for monthly food and some pocket money of about $5 per week. This is not much or down meet the required standard but its ideal for people who spend less like myself. How much do you receive from your guidance for food purchase and up keep?

Kendy

Verified member
As a college students, I get $20 on a monthly basis which to be very practical it is a bit low but considering the pocket or financial capacity of my parents, this is the best they can afford and this has limited me to becoming very economical. The rate of economic decline and inflation has really made the $20 I receive every month from my parents who are salary earners which I use for virtually everything from; feeding, buying of textbooks and handouts, printing of assignments and other miscellaneous has invariably left me in a tight spot of working strictly with my budget and this has made me to be more intentional by adopting the scale of preference in ascertaining my needs from my wants.

In trying to augment my income, I also engage in some menial jobs after my daily activities like; I organize home tutorials for pupils and students on a schedule which I try to be dedicated and at during the weekends, I engage in janitorial services to clients where I get paid for immediately after the job. This has been the ways I use to augment to the addition to help me to be more flexible when purchasing a need.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
I see everyone most certain have a different experience on how they managed themselves financially way back in school. As for I did something before I gain admission in the higher institution. As soon as I completed my secondary school education I got myself enquiped with computer training, and afterwards I started working I was able to work and gather some money. I saved enough money in bank savings account. So when I applied for admission and eventually got admitted it was a kind of walk over for me because I had more than enough more to pay my school/ tuition fees till I graduate from the school. Because I love to be independent. Not because my parents were not well to do but because I love to be self relian. So that did not make me stop my parents from coming in with some financial support whenever they feel like supporting me financially. But I never made it to look like a burden upon them.

But from time to Tim Tim would be in need of some extra cash I do make some request from my parents. And I also supported some of my friends financial wit their tuition aswel.

E

eldavis

Back then when I was in school, my mom usually sends me 10, 000 naira which is currently around 24 dollars. This was what I was ment to use for the whole month, for my feed and buying of other necessities. It got too a time where it was reduced to 5,000 naira. The money was never enough honestly cause I was school in benin republic, there where days I had to literally stay without food just to manage what I had.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
During my early days in college, I really saw hell as a student especially during my level 200 in college. I wasn't receiving up to $20 monthly from parents, I have no helper just my parents and I. Such made me to delve into online earning, I tried earning around that 2019, couldn't get any reliable earning earning sites, the ones I got all faded away. And I wasted my precious time back then, I only saw something tangible as monthly pocket money as a student during the ending part of 2020 when I discovered legit earning means online. During early 2020, covid 19 affected the whole school in the world making me spending more than nine months in the house helping my parents out in agricultural work, and it helped to cut down expenses and made us not struggle much during the total lock down.

Things got better at least for me during the ending part of 2020, I discovered several legit earning sites, which helped me to save money, and such improved my pocket money monthly from $15 to $80. Which served somehow well, at least for feeding and buying of textbooks and other tutions were well attended to.

Last edited: