How much capital to have for a Business start up?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
It is a must to make a good estimate of the capitalization of an intended business. You have to make a layout of the regular expenses like rental of the business space, salaries of workers, equipment, etc. You multiply the total amount by 3 months and you get the estimated capital needed. My advice is to multiply the estimated amount not by 3 months but by 6 months. That means you are not expecting the business to be profitable in 3 months time and that is the correct assumption otherwise you are ready to surrender if the business does not earn in 3 months of operation.

Seyesystem

The capital to have when starting business depends on the type of business you want to start. If it a small business it doesn't require big capital but if it is a big business it will definitely require big capital. Capital is very important in business the more capital you put into the business the more the profit you get from the business if properly managed.Capital is very important when starting a business and capital we determine the type of business you will do and the size which the business will be without capital they cannot be business. Every business needs enough capital to start which will even include working capital and recurrent capital so every individual that want to start business names enough capital to start. Many business idea as died because of lack of capital to start the business. There are a lot of young people with good business ideas but they cannot start the business because of lack of capital.

Donkiz

Starting a new business is not easy, lots of people go into business without doing their home work well, there are more to business than just having money to rent a shop and stock it with products.

It's very hard to see a business that start making profit from the first month, and sometimes it might take up to six months before any profit start dropping. So if the person is not prepared of such possibility, and did not make the necessary financial provision to keep the business afloat, he/she might be forced to close down.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
How much to have for a business startup?
Well talking about the amount to have for a business startup all depends on the kind of business you want to establish, listen you want to sell clothes, I think you will need up to hundred thousand or more to start up the business, if you want to go into selling of cars in this case you will need a huge amount of money to start up the business, what I'm trying to say is that the amount to start up a business all depends on the kind of business you want to establish.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
You got the plans, you should start with any amount fitting to your plans. Since you said you should start the business and evaluate the timeframe to start expecting profit from the business. My offline business didn't take me too long to start making profit. Because youths in my vicinity enjoys video games alot. Even during the first week it started to generate profit to me.

Mellorando

Banned
This strictly depends on the type of business you want to go into if it is a business that requires low technical skills then capital for such a business will be low but if it is a business with industrial and machine intensive then higher amount of capital will be needed to start up such a business

Samuel72

Verified member
It all depends on the type of business you are about to set up, every business require different capitals and some business does not require capital to start it up. With $5000 you can set up a mini business like a supermarket/provision business. but if you want to set up a standard business you will need to have 10,000 dollars as a capital to start up a standard business.