How long should a smartphone last before buying a new one.

Etini

Valued Contributor
We spend so much money on buying a personal phone. Smartphones are great tools for communication, work and entertainment. Considering the high cost we buy smartphones, as a financially conscious oeyrso., How long should you use your smartphone before you think of replacing it? The time you set to use your phone would geeatky influence how you handle it.

So how often should people change their phones? I have seen people that but every new version of iphones released. I am not hating on iphones o. I am just wondering how often is ideal for a perso to change his phone.

Personallu

E

eldavis

Well it depends though, personally i feel there are various factors to consider when it comes to how long one should use their smartphones. How you use your smartphone would determine how long it would last. Most experts believe after three years of usage there would be a decline in your smartphone's performance. Lets say for example your battery usually last for two days, after three years you would discover it only last for a day. In some cases the decline of performance starts taking place within a year. Like my phone for example it is not up to two years, being a heavy battery user, my phone usually last for the whole day , meaning i charge my phone two times or once per day. But currently i tend to charge it three or four times. Its very possible to use your smartphone for even up to five years but there would always be a decline in performance.

Imran Noori

Verified member
I think changing smart phone quickly or buying very expensive smart phone is not wise because with that money you can buy something which is needed or even you can invest that money for your future.

King bell

VIP Contributor
YIt can be tempting to upgrade to a new smartphone every year, but if you want to make the most of your money, it’s worth considering how long a smartphone should last before you buy a new one.

The average lifespan of a smartphone is 2-3 years, depending on the model and how well it’s cared for. This means that if you buy a new phone every year, you’re likely to be spending more money than necessary.

However, if you want to get the most out of your phone, it’s important to be aware of the signs that suggest it’s time to replace it. If your phone is slowing down, crashing more often, or running out of storage, then it may be time to invest in a new device.

It’s also worth considering the type of phone you buy. If you’re looking for a phone that will last longer, look for a model that has a higher-quality processor, more RAM, and better battery life. These features will help your phone to last longer, giving you more time before you need to upgrade.

Finally, you should think about how much use you get out of your phone. If you’re a heavy user, you may need to upgrade more frequently than someone who only uses their phone for basic tasks.

Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide when you want to buy a new phone. However, if you want to make the most of your money, it’s worth considering how long a smartphone should last before you make the decision to purchase a new one.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
I think changing of smartphone should be accompanied with a very cogent reason. I have stayed all my life with the smartphone which am currently using and even right now am writing this with it. I am of the opinion that you can even use a single smartphone all your life as far as it has the ability to perform all the tasks you need to perform with a digital gadget of its nature.

There are people around me who will periodically change their phones depending on the latest and trending brand. Well, that may be cool but when we talk about being financially secured, that habit may not really facilitate that as it will cause excessive and unuseful spendings.

So personally, I am an advocate of the notion that one does not need to change his or her smartphone without any real and Important reason as that sounds and is actually more friendly on personal finances

Activator230822

Verified member
As far as l am concerned, nowadays the usage of the smartphones has gained so much popularity in all over the world. However there are usage of the smartphone depends on the personal desires.
For instance for me l would like using a smartphone that has the features that allows me to stay for longer time online doing my online jobs.So the smartphone to me sounds like everything as it includes my working office too. I usually Change the smart phones after approximately period four years.