How does free app make money?

yessupply

Basically, free applications bring in cash from one of the accompanying 8 most notable adaptation systems: Advertising (through pennant, video, local promotion, interstitial advertisement, boosted promotion) Referral Marketing (Amazon) In-App Purchase and Freemium Model

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
To my knowledge, I think the fact that you even created an app will earn you money as long as people download it, wether it is a subscription paying application paying or not. Although the amount you will be making might not be as much as the paid one. There is a way it is being linked with the network so it is kind of similar to making money with web creation, the more people login on it, the more income you will keep making from it because it is called networking, it is the main way some people earn a living.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Free apps make money with Ads, maybe I need to create a guide for that, but it's very understandable, if you're using a free app, let's take face book for example, it allows you to connect with your friends and family and watch videos, basically anything social.

But in turn they sell your information to advertisers as data to make money, that's why sometimes you'll see sponsored ads on your feed and in someway you can relate with that ads, that's because of what you've been searching, I hope you understand, and you shouldn't underestimate the advertising industry because it's a billion dollar industry.

greenieS

Verified member
Free apps make the most money from ads. That's why when you play on an application, sometimes you get 2-3 ads of 30 seconds each. They win from those ads and you can't even close them, you have to wait those 30 seconds and then you can press X and get out of there. You play for 2-3 minutes, and you get another 30-second ad. They make their money from those commercials. :) Some exaggerate with the ads, but others don't even feel them, you don't mind so much. I caught an application on the phone ... without exaggerating, in 5 minutes I think I only spent 1 minute on the application, 4 minutes were ads. I uninstalled immediately.