How does a person get Monkeypox

U

Urielthompson75

In parts of west and central Africa, monkeypox is spread by infected rodents such as rats, mice, and squirrels. If you are bitten or come into contact with the blood, bodily fluids, spots, blisters, or scabs of an infected animal, you can contract monkeypox.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Ever since I heard about the monkey pox, I have been able to research on it to really know more about the virus and how it affect the human body . Even though it is called a monkey pox but this virus rarely transmitted through monkeys but can only be transmitted through rodents just like you have said . In my country is Nigeria I think few cases of the disease has been detected and the government are working toward preventing others from bringing in infected person or animal into the country.

From my own personal research , the disease can be treated no doubt but could result in complication if you have underlying health challenge such as diabetes or hypertension and could even be more dangerous to certain people especially children and adults with weak immune system. We can't afford to have another pandemic just immediately after Corona virus .