How do you get a long with a very strict landlord?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
We had rented an apartment for 2 years and a house for 5 years. The owner of the apartment is very strict with the tenants. There are the dos and donts that tenants should know regarding noise, dirt and trash, and other minor behavioral issues. One tenant that became my friend was complaining of the landlord's policy on the delayed rental payment. For a delay of 2 months the tenant would be evicted. There is a law so the tenant cannot fight back. I advised my co-tenant to befriend the son of the owner. He had befriended me easily so he can do that to other people.

In a short time there were 3 of us drinking beer one night in a nearby bar. My friend with the son of the landlord. We had a good time chatting with beer and some food. After that drinking session my co-tenant confided that the landlord had somewhat softened on the delayed rental payment. Obviously my co-tenant has a financial problem that he is always delayed in payment by a week or 2. Anyway, I had seen that if you can establish rapport with the landlord then minor problems can be avoided. It is a simple solution that I suggested.

Shigobad2020

I have been living in a rented apartment for at least six to seven years now , and i have stayed in two different apartment which makes me realises aim ofnthe reason why some landlord are strict ,
First if you are staying in a house where you landlord is also staying , I mean staying in the same building with your landlords , then there are some certain things yiu must take into consideration, first you must make it your responsibility by making sure the environment of the house is clean and tidy because most landlord hates improper and untidy environment and as a tenant, it's your responsibility to make sure you change your landlord view about you .
Secondly , always avoid late night parties and bringing of improper friends to your apartment which might trigger the anger of your landlord , the best apartment you can rent and stay peacefully is renting a flat where only you can stay .