How do you feel working under a harsh boss

Carpon

Valued Contributor
There are some boss at work which may be characterised as harsh due to probably the way they keep relationship between them and their staff so rigid. Others are seen as harsh because of their relatively high standard and requirement from their workers.

So personally, I have never worked under a boss that I can characterise as harsh but there are feelings I have about working under harsh boss's.
It can be very frustrating at times because you put in and give your best to the work but get little commendations and rather than that you may get the opposite. Your Hardwork may never get recognized and this really weakens the morale of any hard-working person.

A way to keep yourself moving under the supervision of a harsh boss is to become the boss of yourself. It is something you do within yourself and by so doing, you tell yourself how hard-working you are and keep yourself motivated.

And another thing that one working under a harsh boss must do is try as much as possible to do things in accordance with the person's requirements.

What is your take and opinion on this topic?

Heartstrings

No one will feel happy happy such a harsh boss because it is so frustrating I tell you, personally I don't have any experience with such people but I have heard much of their stories from one or two people. When a boss is harsh,it kills the confidence of their employees and may even make a mistake on their work without them knowing,such behavior doesn't give one the confidence needed to work.

Yes there is need to be a little strict so that your company won't be run down with levity hands,but that shouldn't give room to been harsh or too strict,you should know that if the opportunity present itself,they won't be working under you but have their own companies or business. Treat others the way you want to be treated. This is why it is good to work hard,and set up something for yourself,even if it's a business. Be your own boss and be free from harsh bosses.

Kennysplash

Verified member
I can attest to the fact that it's a horrible situation working under a harsh boss. You rarely do anything right, and every little thing warrants nagging. There was a time I had a boss like that, when I realized that it is affecting my emotional health I had to quit. It's not worth it at all, so make the right decision if you have a harsh and uncontrollable boss. Don't think about the money, it can't substitute your sanity and emotional well-being. You can not make such people see and appreciate your self worth. They make you feel low and inferior whenever you are around them. You deserve better than that, seek better opportunities and put your best where you are appreciated.