How do you feel working during weekends especially Sundays

Carpon

Valued Contributor
I will want to hear your views on the idea of working on weekends and for some Christian people, the day Sunday.

Others feel weekends are meant for rest and refreshments which is of course good. There are many jobs that do not operate on weekends and others operate almost everyday in a week. So do you feel it is alright to work in a firm that extend their working days to weekend i.e all week round for an added pay?

In places like restaurants and hotels, they work even during weekends and workers have to either take a leave or break in order to rest.

But personally I think online jobs can be extended to weekends as they are usually not so demanding and time consuming except for a few of them which could be an exception.

So what are your views about working on weekends? Are you for it or against it? Pls share your opinion.

Kennysplash

Verified member
Weekend is supposed to be for rest, so there is no way I'm working on a weekend. There was a job I applied for that mandated that, I took my things and left. It is important that you know what you are getting into first. After working tirelessly during the week the next thing is to take enough rest during the weekend. I can't use that for work too, it's just not possible. My health and physical well being is very important please. When I eventually break down I will still use the money to take care of myself, so what is the point? Besides there is more than life than just working always. There should be time for fun activities as well, everything should be balanced. So I can not make the horrible decision of working on weekends, it's not even possible. Weekdays are for work, weekends are for me.

Heartstrings

Actually weekends are meant to rest after working from Monday to Friday,one needs to have some rest and atleast attend to some of your personal issues. There are some works that you don't even have time to rest all week,you go to the office I'm the morning and back home by evening, the worst one is experiencing hold ups on your return,and the circle continue without having a rest, naturally out body was created to work and rest so having such a busy routine always without rest is like harming the body and preventing it from it's natural cause.

Most people working use weekends for fun, hanging out with friends and having their me time alone. Online work is a bit different,most of them are not so demanding and you can choose to start working at your convenience time,unlike offline job,that sometimes you rushing to the office or wake up so very Early in order not to get a query.

King bell

VIP Contributor
I feel bad working on weekends specially during Sundays because Sunday is supposed to be the day for relaxation. I wanna watch serials and go to the movie houses with my friends before Monday comes. But on some days, we need to work for the sake of our job so it's kind of inevitable.

I also don't like working during Sundays because it somehow affects my grades as I have less time to study since Mondays are usually very exhausting with all those assignments, quizzes, and tests coming at us in a blink of an eye.

I feel bad because I am supposed to be devoted to my studies but its hard to concentrate on the books when you are so tired especially because everything is so hectic.

I don't like Mondays because they're really tough especially in the first week of school where everyone has a lot of assignments and tests coming at them.
This means that we need to get up very early in the morning and make our preparations for first period, which is Art. Since going to school on Sundays really takes up quite a lot of time, families have to work on Sundays as well. Most Saturdays are spent resting before working the whole day long.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Weekends are meant for rest. Most people work every day and this is very tiring, so it is important to get some rest during the weekend. Of course, if you have free time on weekends, you can work online which is easier. As far as I am concerned, I like to spend more time with my family on weekends. Especially Sunday, for us the Orthodox Christians, is a holy day, so in the morning we go to church and then we spend the rest of the day with our family and relatives. In conclusion, I believe that people must get some rest during the weekend and get back to work on Monday refreshed.