How did the Covid affect your finance?

springtech

This topic is inspired by the trending news about Apostle Johnson Suleiman a popular Nigerian pastor who said he made so much money during the pandemic that he was able to buy a new Jet and he even went to the point of saying, he wished the pandemic never ended.
However we all know that most businesses were affected, some people lost their jobs, many lost their means of livelihood, even those that didn't lose their jobs had their salaries cut by some percentage.
In fact so many people resorted to begging, as they couldn't feed their families and getting by daily became a problem.

No doubt some people made money, some cashed out well from their online businesses. But the percentage of people in this category was small compared to those whose finance was messed up.

For me, my offline means of income was intact, thanks to God.

So guys, how did the pandemic affect your finance.
How were you able to make money during this period.

Rachael

Verified member
Till this moment, the effect of the covid-19 pandemic is still felt. The pandemic has so many barriers on my finances. In fact, it was a disaster because where I was working was very unproductive and it was evident that most private workers do not have a job at all. Only government workers still had steady flow of their salaries but those who were working in private firms either had their salaries slashed or they were laid off completely.

My finances were very limited because school was not in session and even when the management organized an online class for students, the money paid to teachers was not even up to $5 at a month and after, there was no money coming in. We had to subscribe our devices yet at the end of it all, we had not even up to what we had invested. I had to look for other means during the time by selling of fruits in the evening close to the junction where I lived to help me feed. I am still in the process of recuperating after the excesses the pandemic had on my already limited finances. Budgeting during that climax period was very difficult because the prices of goods and services were triple the initial prices.