How Did Covid Affected You As a business owner?

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Covid 19 started In 2019 and these virus had held the world on the neck ever since, from one variant to the other, and from vaccine A to vaccine B, it's safe to say this virus is still not defeated and it has affected a lot of things, which making money is not left out, looking at businesses today, one can safely deduce how badly this virus dealt with them.

As a business owner you need to come up with new strategies to face this menace or else the business will sink face down, employers too have to part ways with their employees but they don't make enough themselves talk less of paying employees, which contributes to a large job loss and the skyrocketed unemployment figures.

Remote work became the only solace for most, I personally I started learning a new skill during the Covid period, it was crazy, people were just at home doing nothing for a very long time.

How did Covid affected you or still affecting you, did you learn new skills, or did you lose your job, what are the things you learnt, did you change your approach to life?

I look forward to read your replies.

E

eldavis

Though I had always had interest in working online but the covid period made me take it alot more seriously. I also learnt some new skills during the covid period as well.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Though this covid-19 really affect so many people and companies while some people also benefit the more during the time when its still getting hotter.
There are many company that chase away there employee because there is no resources to take care of them in terms of paying their salary.
There are some company that started growing during the period because their product is not affected in any ways so they enjoyed it. Those medicine store are really making good money during the period because every body were trying to buy drugs so that they will not be affected with the covid-19.

Victorial

We can only hope that we can keep the pandemic behind us. The covid 19 pandemic is very awful. Lots of lives were lost and economic growth was hampered. Even the best and most secured nations all fell apart and that proved to be massive fallout. I was a student when the pandemic hit and so I lost no job but I had to stop going to school. Now I am grateful for learning some skills which I am using to earn some cash online and offline. It was a big loss to some people while some people profit from it

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Covid 19 started In 2019 and these virus had held the world on the neck ever since, from one variant to the other, and from vaccine A to vaccine B, it's safe to say this virus is still not defeated and it has affected a lot of things, which making money is not left out, looking at businesses today, one can safely deduce how badly this virus dealt with them.

As a business owner you need to come up with new strategies to face this menace or else the business will sink face down, employers too have to part ways with their employees but they don't make enough themselves talk less of paying employees, which contributes to a large job loss and the skyrocketed unemployment figures.

Remote work became the only solace for most, I personally I started learning a new skill during the Covid period, it was crazy, people were just at home doing nothing for a very long time.

How did Covid affected you or still affecting you, did you learn new skills, or did you lose your job, what are the things you learnt, did you change your approach to life?

Hi moonchild. Your post is really very interesting. Covid-19 has been a terrible experience for me and for most people around the world. Unfortunately,covid-19 is still here. Sometimes, I think that I am dreaming and that this disease is just a nightmare that will disappear when I wake up but this nightmare is the harsh reality of life. Although covid-19 has affected me both psychologically and financially, it made me appreciate life and health more and come closer to my family.

klacikokizo

Covid 19, made me take making money online seriously. although I have always had an interest in making legitimate income online.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well ,I don't have a business offline but if an opportunity arises I always prefer to have an online business now and because that is the business that I can be able to do conveniently as I do not have time to engage in offline business now, back to the question during the pandemic period in which everyone was on lockdown the Corona virus didn't affect me in any way because during that time I was just concentrating on how I can make money from the internet, and that has really help me because I have been able to discover different ways of making money.

funmi

Verified member
In fact I never saw it coming, I was preparing to travel out of my country that very year 2020 and it was all expense paid for a business trip to Europe, and I was heavily disappointed with the announcement, infact it all started out as a joke to me and before I knew it, it information reached us that we now had cases in my country and it was brought in from Europe by an Italian. I was very supprised and the next thing we had was the announcement of the lockdown been placed by the government. And then all flight was ban. I had to cancel my trip and stayed back in my home country. The impact of the lock down is still been felt by all till today. The economy of my country and was plunged into recession that very period as all business activities were grounded and every stood still. My shop was also locked as I couldn't ship in goods from my clients I ran out of stock and to worsen it we were not getting any support from the government as others were getting in other parts of the world. Even the food was hijacked.