How Dangerous and Deadly is Appendicitis,Peritonitis?.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Whenever these occur to somebody its dangerous and the conditions often require surgery. Seek medical help fast.
Appendicitis is an infection of the appendix, a finger - shaped SSC attached to the large intestine in the lower right hand part of the belly. An infected appendix sometimes bursts open, causing peritonitis.

Peritonitis is an acute, serious infection of the lining if cavity or bag that hold the gut. It result when the appendix or another part of the gut bursts it is torn.

Signs of appendicitis:
- The main sign is q steady pain in the belly that gets worse and works.

- The pain often begins around the navel ( bellybutton).

- There may be loss of appetite, vomiting constipation, or a mild fever.

A Test For Appendicitis or Peritonitis:

Slowly but forcefully, press on the abdomen a little above the left groin until it hurts a little.
The quickly remove the hand.

If a very sharp pain ( rebound pain) occurs when the hand is removed, appendicitis or peritonitis is likely.

If no rebound pain occurs above the left groin, tty the Sam test above the right groin.

If it seems that a person had Appendicitis or peritonitis:

Seek medical help immediately. If possible, take the person where hr can have surgery.

Make sure that the person rest very quietly in a half - sitting opposition.

How dangerous is Appendicitis or Peritonitis?.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
From what I remember about appendicitis, the pain is on the right lower part of the abdomen. In high school we were made aware of appendicitis that our teacher said can be caused by dynamic movement after having a meal. We were taught to use the hand in measuring from the groin up the right side to determine the position of the appendix. Press on the area with the thumb and when there is an effect then that is a suspected appendicitis - the swelling of the appendix with reason still not determined.

The danger of a ruptured appendix is the blood poisoning that can kill you. When there is severe pain the advice is to bring the patient to the hospital for a possible operation to remove the appendix and to stop the bleeding. To be honest, I was afraid of appendicitis that I do not eat the seeds of guava because old folks say the guava seed can cause the appendix to be swollen. In my adult years I have never heard of appendectomy anymore like appendicitis seemed to have vanished as a health issue. Maybe it is the lifestyle that we have now which changed the landscape of appendicitis with our health.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well based on my experience it is a minor surgery and may not really be so complicated if you are able to seek immediate and fast medical help when you experience dull pains around the right side of the lower abdomen...

Although over here it might be a little bit expensive for the surgery to be carried out financially but if everything is being done perfectly you can be able to go home after five days , after that you may not be able to carry or engage in strenuous exercise or activities until you are will heal completely.. during the healing process there is always a seroma, this is nothing for you to be concerned about because it is part of the normal healing process..

Base on my experience after a period of one month you can engage in any activities as long as the activities are not strenuous.. but to be able to get back to full recovery from the surgery I think it may take up to five months.. This may be the time for you to return normally to engage in any activity ...

All these things are things you need to discuss with your doctor after the surgery to know the best time to engage in most of your activities.