Is it more Dangerous to Take Injection than to Take Medicine by Mouth?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
There are some time that people prefer take medicine through injecting method than through mouth. Why?
Some people used to say that injection is more faster and effective than taken it by mouth. Is this really true at all?.

Injections are not needed often. Most sicknesses that require medical treatment can be treated as well or better with medicines taken by mouth. As a general rule.

It is more dangerous to inject medicine than yo take it by mouth.
Injections should be used only when absolutely necessary. Except in emergencies, they should be given only by health workers or persons trained in their use.

The only times medicines should be injected are:

1. When the recommended medicine does not come in a form that can be taken by mouth.

2. When the person vomits often, cannot swallow, or is unconscious.

3. In certain unusual emergencies and special cases.

One just need to be very careful when its comes to taken medicine through injections or by mouth. Be guided by doctors prescription.

And never allowed unprofessional person to give injection or drug to use whenever you are sick.
Do not allow any quack nurse or doctor to inject you no matter how emergency the case may be.

What is your take about this?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
A medical doctor may determine the most suitable one depending on the type of disease or infection that is needed to be treated , but in most cases when taking an injection it is always for quick and immediate effect because it is injected straight into the bloodstream and it is likely to take action immediately.. A sleeping drugs may be inform of a pills and can also be inform of injection. when you are taking an injection it is always for a quick process of fastening the sleeping in the brain , in this case a person is likely to fall back to sleep within a period of 2 to 5 minutes.

A lot of people do not like taking drugs and they will prefer to be injected , at the same time a lot of people in the other hand may not like to be injected but will always prefer to take it orally , all these ones depends on how people sees it..

But personally I do not see anything wrong with it , if need be that I have to be injected I do not also see anything wrong with that. if at the same time I need to take it orally I will still decide to do it without any problem.

E

eldavis

You have a point though and it is better to be on a safer side, after all it is your health we are talking about here. Like you said not every sickness requires injection. It is the doctor who would determine the best way to carry out a specific treatment. If he says injection is the way forward then he most definitely have his reasons. And there would also be a qualified health person who would give you the injection as well.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I think there are various risk factors associated with using injections as compared to taking medicines orally. There are many people who get infected by the HIV virus due to the fact that they use drugs and they tend to use second-hand injections for that. Similarly, there are many people who get infected by the HIV virus when they mistakenly use second-hand injections used by a patient that was infected by the disease. Some people have a phobia of injections and they would never take it. However, I do not think that taking tablets could be any safer if you do not follow the instructions properly.

If you get overdosed by taking pills in an excessive way, then you could get into serious trouble. You may also get into big trouble if you inject yourself in the wrong way. The needle of the injection should be inserted in the veins properly and if you inject it wrongly, then you will face several complications. So regardless of whether you use tablets or injections, you must follow the medical guidelines associated with using medicines properly and allow the doctors to get you injected if you do not know how to do it.

D

Deleted member 28127

This is something strange they find the money for drugs and do not find the money for their proper syringe. Even what they doing is unhealthy protection from VIH is more important.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Every one got choice of how they take their own drugs, as for me, I love taking drugs by drinking or swallowing and not by injecting. I dear for myself even it comes to receiving treatment that has to do with injection to my buttocks, I dislike such. But if that's the only alternative to my illness remedy, then, i wouldn't hesitate or deny to take such, because health is life. No good health, their is no enjoyment at all and nothing like making money too. Because you wouldn't be happy to make that money when your health is on a massive decline. I do everything at my reach, even if I dislike the option to respond to treatment. But my favourite option when it concerns treatment is swallowing the medicine and not taking injection around my body.