How can I start a poultry farm with the sum of 30k?

Georgeadawara

They are many ways to start a business but most people fail to understand the value of the little money they have with them they are many business that someone can start with the little amount of money he has just like this is not mustly that you have to start it with a big amount of money , like that of 30k you can start sa small poultry farming business . The only thing is to give out a good plan of your business and have and that can help you go through your business.

Queentener

I doubt if 30k will be enough to start a poultry business presently, maybe if things change and prices comes down then you might be able to start with 30k, but for now it can't work. Won't you feed them? Their feed is very expensive now. Why not go into fishery instead of poultry business, 30k should start a small fish pond business, and it's a business that is profitable, you don't have to go through the stress of packing feces and cleaning cage.

Teatea

That amount is too small to start a poultry farming but you can still manage it meaning you won't be able to start with many birds. After calculating the cost of housing, the feeds, drugs, and other things, you would see that your money is gone and half if the list is yet to be sort out. However, you can start with few chickens and grow from there.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I don't know how much is that 30k you mentioned whether that is in your money or in USD. Just be sure that you have an ample space for your poultry because a congested poultry farm can be hit by an epidemic. The chickens need fresh air so the farm should have an empty space equivalent to times 2 of the size of the cages.

Haypril

The amount mentioned above might be too small to start up a poultry business that would yield income at the end of every successful sales. The only way it might take you a long way when setting up such business is if you already have some of the items neededt to set up the business. I think the amount will only be enough to buy chicks for the business.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
There is no going back once you made up your mind and be focus.
And with your #30k what you need to do is to only buy small number of chick like 10 or 5 and start feeding them so that after 2month you can sell them and make profit.
Make sure that you don't eat up all the profit. So add to your capital so as to increase production.

Timison

I question if 30k will be sufficient to begin a poultry business by and by, possibly in the event that things change and costs descends, at that point you could possibly begin with 30k, however for the present it can't work. Will not you feed them? Their feed is pricey at this point. Why not go into fishery rather than poultry business, 30k should begin a little fish lake business, and it's a business that is beneficial, you don't need to experience the pressure of pressing dung and cleaning confine.

eojo2401

See motivational speaker, I am still smiling and laughing in Swahili. To start a poultry farm with tirthy thousands naira? Boss, come again. Unless you want to raised broiler for Easter festival celebration. Any way it is possible because with God all things are possible. If Jesus could feed over five thousand people with just five loaves of bread and two fishes, me too can start my poultry farming with two broilers. Cheers

Adetayo100

There is no possible way you can start a poultry business be it layers or broilers with 30,000. My question to you is it 10 chicken you want to start rearing there? Won't you feed those chickens? How much is 30,000 in todays economy? With 30,000 monthly income you can't even sustain yourself for a month much more starting a business with such amount.

Hena101

Poorly written
Looking at the amount you mentioned it's very difficult to start a poultry farming with that little amount because of how managing a poultry farming is. To manage a poultry farming one requires enough amount if money to start with so that he can maintain and also get profit from it. But to be sincere with 30k i don't know if is 2-5 chicken that you want to rear looking at how even their feeds is costly. So my advice is just wait till when you get enough money to start

Briangsam

A small part of me is saying the poster means 30k USD while the other big part of me is saying #30,000. So I'm tilting towards the #30,000. That will be an absolute joke. This is because it is a general knowledge that poultry business is very capital intensive and rightly so. #30,000 won't even build or rent a pen. Let alone buying chicks or feeds or vaccines.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
30K is quite small to start a poultry business. The business consumes a lot of capital and of course you need to put many things in place before you can succeed in it. If it was about 10 years or some few years back, 30k will definitely be okay. There are several things you need to put in place in order to make sure that your business is successful, so you need more capital.

Dekadet

When are you starting?.. I think you should start as soon as possible.

But first, I would like to know which section of poultry are you planning to venture into?

If it is egg production (layers) then you could start small and grow, because '30k' as you stated can only help you purchase day old layers and few bags of starter feed as you would be needing more money to sustain it, this is if you already have space or land for the farm.

If you are going into broilers then it is the same as above but less because you will be targeting 6-7 weeks at most for your broilers.

Then if you plan to go into raising cockerels for two weeks then disposing them off, then I would say the money is enough to start and sell off in 2-3 weeks time if you have gotten the market.

so what are you waiting for?... get to work.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Starting a poultry farming with that amount is really small. Everything is so costly now, and you have to put into consideration. Unless you have all the requirements needed for poultry set in place. And moreover, it depends on the kinds of animals you want to rear. Knowing and making your decision on the kind of animals will make work towards your budget.

Good luck

Verified member
It is possible to Start up the business with the money mentioned, I think it's Naira but you must have got a house or pen for your birds or poultry before Starting. The money will only help you to get some birds and their feed for probably a month or there abouts and after that,you will need to sell some or all the birds to get another set and continue doing the same thing.In no time,you will grow financially.

Setho

VIP Contributor
Do very honest 30,000naira is going to start you a basic poultry farm but then it is going to like a lot of amenities. You can fix that with a wooden cage where you can use other means to control the temperature of the inside. You can buy basic versus with the money and then invest in nothing more than 30 chicks at the same time. I think this is enough for the basic of poultry farm.