How much do I need to start a poultry business?

marcusfe

spelling errors
I've being a farming business for years and I can tell what I've achieved from but I wish to diversify into another area of agriculture. I need someone to give me a rough estimate of how much I need to spend to start a poultry business. I already have a land to use, so I don't have to pay for any land rent. I don't have much knowledge about this business but I have much interest in it and I'm ready to invest my money in it. My plan is to start with about 500 birds of layers and 250 of broilers to be targeted for a particular festive period. How much will this cost me ?

I've being a farming business for years and I can tell what I've achieved from but I wish to diversify into another area of agriculture. I need someone to give me a rough estimate of how much I need to spend to start a poultry business. I already have a land to use, so I don't have to pay for any land rent. I don't have much knowledge about this business but I have much interest in it and I'm ready to invest my money in it. My plan is to start with about 500 birds of layers and 250 of broilers to be targeted for a particular festive period. How much will this cost me ?
I am also interested in adding some knowledge here as well,because I also have a land in my family house thinking what kind of business I could do on the land ,but you bring this here give me an insight into it ,because I never think of that before...
So I am so glad you could think and bring this here,so I will also wait for someone who could give us the estimate on what you just ask for now , since you are going for that much,I could start with half so from there I see as it goes,and if its okay with me I could buy more after those one is been sold...
Sorry I forgot to talk about the length of my land property I wanted to start thaf kond of business on ,I want to start it on a one plot of land ,because I want to create more space for them to be able to move around once they were been open to play around.

First of all , you need to go for training ,because rearing of birds is quite demanding and requires knowledge in order to excel in the business .
There is no way to get rough estimate for starting this poultry business because , it depends on the current price of the birds .
So I will advise you to go for Market survey first ,and determine the current cost for one bird ,and then multiply it with the number of birds you need .
You should know that for minimum of four months , you won't be able to sell them , so you need capital to finance their feeding. One easy way to do this is to rear layers and make money from it , by selling their eggs