Hiring Saleswomen To Promote Products In Supermarkets: Is It A Really Effective Marketing Strategy?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Marketing products in supermarkets is now becoming a very common thing. There are many sales man who are present in the supermarkets and they always promote the products of companies they represent. I have mostly seen this kind of marketing in my country. I have lived in Saudi Arabia and I have never seen salesmen promoting products in Saudi Arabia's malls or supermarkets. I am not sure if people do buy products when such products are promoted by saleswomen. Many customers just politely deny buying products and I have never agreed to buy products that were promoted by them but only on few occasions when I thought that the product they are promoting are really good. So do you think that hiring saleswomen is really effective when it comes to promoting products?

Chibson

VIP Contributor
It is not all about hiring a sales woman or a salesman to promote your products but the ability of the person you hire to do his work perfectly and bring a lot of customers to your business. Sometimes there are women who does that perfectly and increase sales in the business. And sometimes that are men who do that perfectly also.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In the business culture in our country the so called "promo girls" are still going fine as I see them not only in the supermarkets but also in other places like malls to promote a product or service. In the airport there was a massage chair that is rented for 30 minutes to 1 hour. The promoters are the promo girls which I think is effective.

Setho

VIP Contributor
Sometimes human beings are much more inclined to trust a brand or be persuaded to buy from a particular store if they are being introduced to that product by a polite and good human being . This is why I think that hiring a sales person for your business is going to be a good idea and will help you a lot.