Have you ever made a very risky investment that later paid off big time?

marcusfe

It is a very important thing to understand that business involves a risk, and we cannot say because of the risk involved that we will not embark on it. Even life itself is full of risk, whether you do business or not, everyday you're taking one risk or the others. Sometimes ago someone introduced me to a business, I was sceptical to go for this business I wasn't sure what the outcome would be. The business will require me to spend all my earnings and even borrow some more to make finish the transaction. I decided to go to the business but I was seriously afraid of losing my investment. In short, I proceeded with the business and to my greatest surprise within the space of two months, I realized about 400% of my investment. This was a great risk for me but it eventually paid off big time.
Can you share your own experience?

Hena101

Not really because i have never venture into high risky investment that pay better afterwards. Because to me this is called gambling not investment because as AFR as I'm concern whenever you invest you know how much you will get in returned as time goes on because it's something that you have it's knowledge not just venturing into it blindly. Unlike gambling where you will put small and expect much

Makah

Not really I don't really like taking big risk because of my financial incapability and I don't want to venture into any thing that will make have high BP or that will keep making have regrets. The highest risk In a business I have taken was when I paid eight thousand for business but I was eventually scammed

Shigobad2020

Yes I have made a very big investment that I was scared of and it later pay big time, we all remember the time of MMM , I needed miney so badly and my dad told me to keep 200,000 for him till he comes back from travelling, I registered for MMM and I was joined WITH someone and was told to pay 150, 000 into his account, it now got worse because my dad came early and I have not been paid back, and I was supposed to be paid next day when my dad asked for his money, I had to lie that I kept it with a friend that I wil get it the following day, I started praying and I was scared but I was joined that following day and another person paid 250.000 into my account.

eojo2401

I have once taken a risky step on a particular investment, along the line, I thought I had been scammed but eventually it turned out to be real investment and I made good profit from it. There was a time someone called me and asked for some point of laying archatina marginata snail, I didn't have the required snail I have to search on facebook to check some snails farmers, I got one in Lagos State and I send money to him, he promised to deliver it within two days but I didn't receive the stock in time and I was thinking that I have been scammed but am finally happy on the fifth day when I received the said stocks.

Chommyluv

I'm an addict risk taker, I risk a lot even sometimes with the money that doesn't belong to me. Most of the times those risks I took have paid off and sometimes they don't. There was a particular risk I took recently that made me a big fortune. I hard that palm oil was going increase in price so I borrowed some money to buy some gallons. I bought each gallon at the rate of #8,500 and kept for about 3 months. During this period of keeping the price of palm oil has increased 250% so I sold immediately and made my profit.

Teatea

There was a time that a friend of mine introduced me to an investment platform. It was a high yielding platfrom and I always avoid such because of their dubious ways but I needed money at the time so I decided to give it a try. I gathered my earnings and invested it in the platform, throughout the duration I was constantly worried but the platform came through and I got my capital and profit.

Queentener

It is a very important thing to understand that business involves a risk, and we cannot say because of the risk involved that we will not embark on it. Even life itself is full of risk, whether you do business or not, everyday you're taking one risk or the others. Sometimes ago someone introduced me to a business, I was sceptical to go for this business I wasn't sure what the outcome would be. The business will require me to spend all my earnings and even borrow some more to make finish the transaction. I decided to go to the business but I was seriously afraid of losing my investment. In short, I proceeded with the business and to my greatest surprise within the space of two months, I realized about 400% of my investment. This was a great risk for me but it eventually paid off big time.
Can you sha
It is truth that life itself is a risk, with my previous experience I can't take a risky investment again. I am not so lucky when it comes to risking and investing I can't say I have ever invested and made profit so risking and investing is not my thing. I would rather stick with business buy, sell and produce than risking and waiting my money although I have people around me who invest and cash out big but risky investment is not my thing that's it.

Georgeadawara

To invest is a great risk that can be taken most especially investing in an online the investment that has no official office to locate it. They was a time that I interested in an online business that the money I interested was the last money I have with me and I was fullish enough to even borrow a money form a friend of my. It takes me at least 7 months to realize that the platform was at work as I visit the platform I see that it was active an try withdraw and I was lucky to withdraw a big amount of money.

Highflyer

Yes I made an investment recently on Forex trading and it experienced several challenges but still paid off at last, I was scared I would lose my money but I got paid later. One lesson I've learnt from this is not to rely on online investments as they are more of virtual investment. When the investment goes wrong, you can't hold anyone accountable for your losses, if you want to invest at all, try to invest your money only online.

Like you already said that business, investment and even life itself is a risk. And I very much agree with you on that.

I personally haven't done any business yet but I'm looking to go into one soon enough. But I have taken several risks in terms of investments. I got burnt in the past but that didn't stop me from taking more risk. I believe it's going to pay off for me soon.

Succjay

Gambling is different from investment. I don't like gambling as it has so many disadvantages but taking risk with care for an investment is not really bad. I always advice people to invest what they can afford to lose in order to avoid suicide.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
No. I have never made any investment that paid off later. In fact, I lost money that I invested in HYIP programs and I always thought that I would make some money much later, but all of those HYIPs became a scam and I lost all of that money. I do plan to invest in some other kind of online investment programs but I would never ever invest in HYIP propgrams.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Yes I have once embarked on such venture, infact everyone felt that I was making a very big mistake to have sold my car and invested it in the business, they felt the business was not viable enough to withstand the test of time. But I believed in myself and I went all head out to invest and they were news that the investment might fail but I persevered and eventually I made it big from the investment to the surprise of all that stood against my decision.

Abbeyola

Life itself is a great risk, so taking of risks is more or less like a normal thing in this world that we live in, all businesses has their different ways of being risky. It is just like some people selling frozen foods, the risk there is you can not predict the supply of power, that is electricity lf there will be constant supply or not, but the risk is being taken even when predictions can not be made or accurate. So, every business organization has different types of risk they face, either financial risk in forms of loans or structural risk in terms of space or accommodation.

D

Deleted member 27126

Yes, I can say I have done a couple of risky, very risky investments in the past and the truth of the matter was that I was disappointed thinking it wouldn't pay but it later paid. My only regret was that I didn't put enough capital in the investment that time. I understand the fact that risks and investment go hand in hand but I was a bit scared that I would lose my money.

Khezo

Yes, I can say have venture into lots and different risk and about 50% of this risks can with big profits. But taking risk shouldn't be done blindly. If you don't look carefully before taking risk you might end up causing problem for your business or making your business fail just because of the little mistake or the wrong decision you took

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I wouldn't refer it as and investment because it was actually a gamble. It was those things are used to play sports betting, I took all the money I have and placed some bets with it, I actually want the money and of course that really made me happy. But on the downside I later lost most of the money because I was not disciplined enough to maintain my winning momentum.