Have you ever found money in the street? What did you do?

Well, where I live today it is pretty hard saying even a penny on the streets. Before covid and when the economy was stable enough I do pick up lost money/items on the ground, here's what I do when I see money in the street that isn't mine. It all depends on the worth and value of items, if I happen to see 100 naira note, to tell you the truth I will pick it up and look around if at all I have someone insight searching for it, if I have no one in sight, I'll pick it up over it then spend it on something good (with the intention god blessed me with it). but in the case whereby I see a lot of money in the street or someone's wallet, I'll find a means of identification to make contact with the owner. the best thing to do if everything fails is to report to the nearest police station with a missing wallet/money. This is the best option because if caught you'll be endangered and even called a theif. So tell me with all honesty, what would you do if you found some certain amount of money lying on the street? Will you pick it up?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well, where I live today it is pretty hard saying even a penny on the streets. Before covid and when the economy was stable enough I do pick up lost money/items on the ground, here's what I do when I see money in the street that isn't mine. It all depends on the worth and value of items, if I happen to see 100 naira note, to tell you the truth I will pick it up and look around if at all I have someone insight searching for it, if I have no one in sight, I'll pick it up over it then spend it on something good (with the intention god blessed me with it). but in the case whereby I see a lot of money in the street or someone's wallet, I'll find a means of identification to make contact with the owner. the best thing to do if everything fails is to report to the nearest police station with a missing wallet/money. This is the best option because if caught you'll be endangered and even called a theif. So tell me with all honesty, what would you do if you found some certain amount of money lying on the street? Will you pick it up?
Lolz 😂😂😂😂😂 bhad guy ( just joking Sha) . Wow this really takes my minds backs to some years ago when we were just kids, we will just pick up money randomly on the street when we sees it . well we didn't really understand what we were actually doing then because we just consider that we were lucky that is why we sees this money.. At time goes on people were just saying that you could easily turn to a yam or goat ( something like that) if you picks up money that was drop by a spiritualist. Lolz old Time believes.

Omo as i grow older I didn't really have the interest to engage in all those things anymore and even if I sees thousands of naira on the street I may not likely picked it because that is not my money. I just believe that whoever keeps it will definitely looks for it and might be lucky to finds it there.

When I sees money in the street , I am always thinking about the owner because I may not like it picks it personally but others could easily picked it up and that's the end to the money. It all depends on people mindset and what they believe on that's all.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Ever since I was little my parents have always taught me not to pick money that is not mine on the floor , and throughout my life been on Earth I have adhere to this advice from my parents . Their advice no doubt is good because they are trying to save me by removing the mindset of stealing and theft . But while growing up I came to understand that seeing your country currency mistakenly dropped on the floor is something to talk about , and also the fact that i saw it on the floor but still decide to walk pass it shows that i lack respect for things that signifies my country's independence but in this case it is my country's currency .

I could remember during my secondary school days my favourite teacher told me that picking up money that is not yours from the floor is actually not bad it shows that you have respect for things that belong to your country , but what is actually bad is when you use the money for your own personal need what you should have done was to hand over the money to the authorities or better still put it in the church offering box in this way respect and gratitude is served towards your country symbol ( currency ) .

funmi

Verified member
I have found money several times on the street and I have picked some and others I just did not bother to pick and left it for someone else to pick in fact i have even found phones and return it back to their owners before. I could still remember to on two occasions when I found money on the floor a d could not get the owners of the money it was on a very broad street and I was walking with a friend on our way back from school, I was in primary four or five, so my friend suggested that we spend the money on our way home and I complied so we went someone where and bought some stick meats and we spent all on stick meat and I ate to my full, I was so full.to.the point that I couldn't eat anything when I got back home and mom was worried to see me not interested in the food at home and began to.check if I was sick unknown to her that I had eaten something much more special.and some she would love to eat herself. I just took water a d slept off .

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Hi. Thank you very much for your interesting thread. It is a nice topic indeed. As far as I am concerned, I often see coins in the street which do not have a great value. Sometimes I pick them up, sometimes I don't. To be honest, I never keep them for myself but I give them to people who really need them although these coins, as I have mentioned previously, do not have a great value. Well, I have never found a lot of money or a wallet in the street so far. In this case, I would definitely take the money and the wallet to the nearest police station. I would never keep them because this is not right. They belong to someone else and it would be unfair and wrong at the same time if I kept them.