Have You Ever Encountered A Customer Who Denied You Pay?

Rachael

Verified member
Starting a business is never an easy venture and having to strategize in order to please and enhance customers retention is also a hard nut to crack. There are some customers who are all bent on being so adamant and might try to infringe on the rights of the business owner all in the name of the slogan which says that, 'customers are always right.' There are some cases too where a business owner too could be wrong and infringes on the right of a customer.

Albeit, I have seen different situations where a customer and a business owner are at loggerheads with each other and this affects to the point that the customer refuses to pay the business owner and in most cases, when perused, it would have been discovered that either a business owner unknowingly sold some products that are substandard for the customer and when he or she realizes, he might refuse to pay the entrepreneur. This is the more reason why business owners should always work with a trusted supplier. I know there are most cases where the fault is from the company that supplies the products. If you are an entrepreneur in such a case, what would be your final verdict to handle a customer who refuses to pay for whatever reason?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This is why you need to know a person credit worthiness before giving out your products. Naturally people don't always want to pay cash to products they had bought sometimes I wonder why. Even customers with money will be dragging foot to make payments then I asked myself why do such people in the first place put themselves in this position. what you know you might find it difficult to pay shouldn't be bought. For me if this person is a regular customer that might still pay later albeit late I will let it be still when the person is ready to pay but if not maybe we might have to bring in an officer of the law to sort everything out

Kendy

Verified member
This is such a bad situation and at times, people are unaware of the risks business owners do face daily in their various businesses. I have encountered such situation on several occasions and when I recast my mind, I ultimately blame myself for being so lenient. When I operated a poultry farm, I use to sell the Broilers to customers on credit because I was scared of loosing my customers, little did I know that, these same customers I had at heart did not care about the welfare of my business and in most cases, those who bought on credit were either my neighbors or people I knew and the thing is, they literally refused to pay back my money after they had finished consuming the chicken to their satisfaction..this was the starting point when my business started to crumble. There was no adequate funding due to excessive debts that people owed me and it pushed me further into taking loans.

Even till today after the business had crumbled, so many of them are still owing me and even when I think of bringing an officer into the matter, I would still have to pay to file a complaint so I just decide to quit bothering them but such would not repeat itself when I have a new business.