General insurance Have you been privileged to see someone who benefitted from insurance scheme?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I only hear about people publishing online about the benefits of insuring your property, life, home, and your health through insurance. I understand that insurance is a legitimate institution of investment that covers any damage its customers succumbed to, that is inline to what is stated in the terms and conditions.

To be frank with myself, I've never seen anyone here in my vicinity who Will come out boldly that he or she have benefitted from insurance, either through health insurance, auto, property, home insurance and xD.

But year to year I keep hearing that they've invested into insurance, but I never seen them gaining from it for the years I've spent with them here in my vicinity.

Have you seen one who is benefitting from the investment he or she made around insurance?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
If you are talking about people that stay withing my vicinity, I haven't seen or known anyone who has benefitted from insurance. But I have seen organizations benefitting from the insurance policy before. Banks are the commonest ones in my area. When armed robbery takes place, the NDIC does bear the loss.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I know a lot of people from my real life who have actually benefitted from insurance such as life insurance, home insurance, health insurance, auto insurance, etc. If your insurance term is long, for instance, you have bought term life insurance with the term of 20 years, you need to wait for a long time to benefit.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Yes; I have a privilege to meet with some body who has benefited from insurance company. There was a man who has fish pond close to where I resided. It happened that the water swept away all his fishes but thanks to the insurance company who came to that scene and provided another money for the man to start again even more bigger than before.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Someone I know has benefited from a life insurance that his father did while he was alive. Everything about his school fees and and basic things that he needed while in school were provided by the insurance company and this made me to really appreciate how insurance works generally. I would definitely go for one.

Setho

VIP Contributor
There was a particular man that I know who's electronic shop was burnt down by fire and the fire wasn't caused by him but instead from one of his neighbour. Luckily for him he had an insurance cover and they paid up to 85 per cent of the total damages in cured.