Fruit diet to lose weight faster

Dora Wi

It's definitely not a sustainable way to lose weight. I think most people could use eating more fruits but an all-fruit diet is very restrictive and therefore lacking in many necessary nutrients, especially protein. And personally I think my cravings for savoury flavours would drive me crazy right from the start :D

I agree with @Augusta a balanced diet and some exercise is the best for losing weight long term.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Your second paragraph just made me laugh out loud. For one that is on a weight loss journey I have tried a lot of things. I just needed a sustainable thing so I tried the fruit fast and I did enjoy it but it wasn't sustainable because I couldn't keep up with eating mainly fruits. So I do portion control which is sustainable to me with a bit of exercise. I prefer this method

arunima25

Verified member
I have read about many diet plans that are based on fruits and they claim to be helpful for weight loss and treatment of few lifestyle diseases. Grapefruit, papaya and fruits from melon family are supposed to be the best ones for a fruit diet. They are high in fibers and are filling. So they can be a good way to fight the hunger.