Frugal Living

Suba

Staff member
Frugal Living or known as Thrift Lifestyle. Living frugally does not mean reducing every need and does not mean we are stingy, but avoiding wasteful living, eliminating unnecessary expenses. So the Frugal living style requires financial planning and control. So basically frugal living refers to a frugal and simple lifestyle, each expenditure is based on a scale of needs and priorities that have been set. Here are some tips, so that it will be easier for us to realize frugal living:
1. Not Following Trends
The trend of life will always change following technological advances, today it becomes the best product, maybe tomorrow there will be a better product, so the trend only happens for a moment or is popular for a certain period of time. But for public figures such as actresses or famous people, it is necessary to follow the styles and trends.
2. Distinguishing Between Needs and Wants
Someone who wants to make himself frugal live style must be able to distinguish between needs and wants. Needs refers to an action on a matter for the fulfillment of what is needed based on a priority scale. While the desire refers to something that refers to the feeling of wanting to have a product / item subjectively, which appears only for a moment to meet the feeling of satisfaction.
3. Finding Value In Every Money Spent
The indicator of the value of money on each money to be spent refers to the priority scale of needs or the value of benefits on goods to be purchased or have added value in the future.
4. Donate
I've said before that living frugally, doesn't mean we become stingy, If we have more money, help people especially those around us who are in need, at least 1% of our income every month.

Mika

VIP Contributor
What is life if you cannot enjoy. Life is for enjoying and becoming happy. I don't mean you should spend all money or spend money on nonsense things, what I mean what is wrong to spend money on something that makes you happy. What's wrong in enjoying an ice reams even though it is not good for you or it is unnecessary expenses?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Living a frugal life is not a sign of being stingy at all but a way of life and discipline.
When you have money on you ; you must know how to spend it well and you will not be regretting of doing do in the future. As for me its very good to be putting want is very necessary ahead of what is just not compulsory.

Suba

Staff member
What is life if you cannot enjoy. Life is for enjoying and becoming happy. I don't mean you should spend all money or spend money on nonsense things, what I mean what is wrong to spend money on something that makes you happy. What's wrong in enjoying an ice reams even though it is not good for you or it is unnecessary expenses?
It's just theory dear, in practice it is very difficult, because I always fail to stop smoking, even though the price of a pack of cigarettes is almost $2, a day I spend at least one pack of cigarettes. But other habits such as hanging out in cafes and coffee shops have been much reduced. Maybe the waste of money can be done gradually and with discipline.

D

Deleted member 28127

If you follow tendances means you need a lot of money just because new fashion clothes are so expensive so not just because this pop star or this singer is wearing this clothes means unless I have enough budget to buy then I buy. Then if you have to resonate a little depend on your budgetary.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
We all talk about frugal living and it seems like a it's the lifestyle fix we all need to save money and reach our financial goal, I'm a big proponent of frugal living especially if you have a goal you want to achieve, for example of you're looking at starting a business and you're trying to raise money from your salary, living frugally will help you reach your goal faster.

But adopting frugality as a compass to navigate life if flawed, the goal is to increase your income so that you'll be able to do the cool stuffs and buy all of the nice things you want not living like a pauper.