Frugal life for retired persons

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This topic is very common to the seniors particularly to those who are already retired. I had seen that in my uncle who was very generous with us. But come one Christmas day the gifts were just tokens with not much value. The wife said that our uncle had retired so they couldn’t sustain the standard of living with the meager pension. That really made me sad and that scene stuck on my mind.

Some years before my retirement age my first priority was to change my luxurious lifestyle. Even if my wife will still be working it is better to be used to a frugal life. No more luxuries but maybe we will still be traveling abroad although not too often anymore. After 5 years of retirement my personal funds is holding on. Thanks to my frugal lifestyle that I have no fear of being in poverty. It is a good choice to control the spending and to lower the standard of living when you get retired.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
This sounds great and I believe many will surely learn from this.
To me I think before retirement age or time one should not be eaten with two hand because it may be dangerous and may lead to dawn fall of some body in future after regiment.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Frugal life should be imbibed by all those that want to live a financially free life. if you know that you are trying to live within your means the. you must have the frugal lifestyle.

This is good for even those till working to cut their spending then the act will work better for retiree's because it comes with a lot of benefits for them.
if you know that you want to be have your money for a long time then you have to find out how you can control yourself to be able to discipline to live a frugal life in the future.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
If you're a retired person, you know that things can get pretty expensive. But with just a little bit of frugality and some diligence, you can make sure you have enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life.

First of all, don't spend money on stuff that "you" need. you're not going to live forever! Instead, save up for things like retirement or buying a new car when it's time. Be sure to invest in yourself by joining an investment club or taking classes at a local college or community college. It will help keep you motivated and help build your skills so that when something comes along later on in life, you'll know how to handle it without having to go back and learn everything all over again.

If possible, try living on one income instead of two this will help keep down your expenses and make room for saving more money!

Ramolak19

Verified member
Anyway Leading a frugal life can be a great way for retired persons to stretch their money and get the most out of their retirement savings.
Living a frugal life means cutting back on unnecessary expenses and focusing on what truly matters. This can mean cutting back on luxuries like dining out, shopping, and vacations, and focusing on saving money on essentials such as groceries and utility bills.
Retirement can also be a great time to find ways to reduce living costs, such as downsizing and decluttering. With proper planning, retired persons can live a comfortable lifestyle without breaking the bank