Four Sites to Publish Your eBook

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you want to Get Paid by Writing, publishing ebooks is the most lucrative method. Here are three platforms where you can publish ebooks for free and make money

KDP: Kindle Direct Publishing is a free ebook and book publishing service. The books and ebooks published on this platform are available for purchase through Amazon store worldwide. KDP offers 70 percent royalty on ebooks.

Smashwords: Smashwords is one of the best free ebook publishing platforms for indie writers. The ebooks published on this platform are available for sale through its own website.

Barnes and Noble Press: This is a self-publishing platform for indie authors. You can publish ebooks for free and distribute your ebooks through Barnes and Noble store. You earn 70 percent royalty on ebooks.

Lulu: This is a self-publishing platform with an inbuilt marketplace to sell your ebooks. The best thing about this platform is you can distribute the books published on this platform through woocommerce or shopify store.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I have tried all of these platforms to publish my ebooks but I have sold only on Amazon. Therefore, I can recommend KDP for those who want to make money by publishing ebooks. While Smashwords, Barnes and Noble Press and Lulu are also bnig names in self-publishing and indie publishing, these platforms are lesser known compared to Amazon. Since amazon is a global brand and a household name, selling is easier on Amazon compared to other platforms.If you publish your ebook through KDP, your ebook gets listed on all Amazon stores such as Amazon UK, Amazon India, Amazon Japan, etc. Since your ebook is available through global marketplaces, you are likely to sell more and make more money. Having said that you can also try other platforms because I was able to sell on Amazon does not mean you will also sell on Amazon, and I could not sell on other platforms does not mean you will also be unsuccessful with these platforms

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Amazon kdp is one of the best platforms available that one can earn from writing and publishing ebooks and I am talking from experience because I have personally made much gains from Amazon Kdp. It is a very nice website where you can use your writing skills to make money online even though there are some guidelines you need to know at first before you can be in but it is very easy straight forward and not complex.

One thing about Amazon kdp is that you do not have to be a seasoned and professional writer before you can publish an earn because there are small content books that will not need those sophisticated skills about writing before you can make and include things like paperback, journals, diary books and one thing is that you don't get to suffer while creating them because there are some apps that help you while writing them.

For a newbie you may need the course even though it is not that you must have the course yes but you may need it because it is a blueprint it is called the Amazon kdp blueprint and it gives you the literacy on how you can publish how you can earn, the kind of account you should open and everything that you may need to know about publishing and earning
and they also give you guidelines on how you can be able to stay safe on the website because there are some attitude which if you show off while taking part in publishing on Amazon you may get suspended or your account will get locked up and you won't be able to really earn from there once you have the course you can be able to know what you need to do and what you should not do and surely I approve of Amazon as one of the best sites that you can earn by publishing ebooks I cannot talk about the rest of the website that you have mentioned because I have no experience with them but I can be sure that they are also good and I think I'll even check them out right away and see how credible and nice they are.

Etini

Valued Contributor
In as much as Amazon Kindke publishing has been all up in my face, I don't still seem to understand how it works and how I can earn from it. I have attempted to take courses on it but it is not making sense to me. I hope one day, it would all come around for me.

Barnes and Noble? I have just been hearing that it is a format for ebooks. How come it is a platform for earning money from writings? Do they have a site that oay

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There are actually many websites in which you can publish your book and make some good amount of money for yourself.

Personally, I prefer Amazon Kindle publishing because they have billions of monthly visits and that automatically gives you the opportunity to be able to make some good amount of money for yourself.

Publishing on Amazon kdp requires some level of knowledge and experience if you want to succeed. I am currently going through the course about Amazon Kindle direct publishing and it has been very eye-opening this is something that newbies may not be able to know and will make a lot of mistakes on the internet trying to publish a book.

Another platform I have signed up in the past is gumroad. It is also another platform that allows you to publish your books but it is not as good as Amazon Kindle and maybe a few others I have not used.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
It is good that you are sharing these sites that I’m just seeing for the first time. I know I can try with writing ebooks I have done about two ebooks for a client in the last 2 months and I know it was great. The clients were kind enough to put me through some of the things I didn’t so well. So I just need aplace I can keep on working on it to improve on the craft.

I like Lulu since it is a self-publishing platform and also have a inbuilt marketplace to sell the ebooks. So this means that we can publish our books and sell it ourselves. I hope I got that right. I wouldn’t mind this method of distributing my books published on this platform through woocommerce or shopify store. But have you tried this out on your own? How was your experience? Did you make good money off this?

JulietaRizas

Thanks for sharing these valuable insights into ebook publishing platforms! KDP, Smashwords, and Barnes and Noble Press indeed offer fantastic avenues for writers to publish their work and earn royalties. The accessibility and reach of these platforms make them ideal for indie authors looking to share their stories with the world.For those looking to enhance their ebook's visibility and sales potential, exploring EBook marketing services could be beneficial. These services specialize in promoting ebooks and maximizing their impact in the market.