Four Sites to Publish Articles and Make Money

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you are looking for sites where you can publish articles instantly and make money from your articles, here are four sites you can try.

HubPages: This is one of the most prestigious sites for online writers. You can publish on all family-friendly topics. Your earnings are depended on how many views and ad impressions your articles are getting. They pay via PayPal.

Medium: They pay-per-view. How much you earn depends on a lot of factors such as traffic location, visit duration, etc. You can also earn from subscriptions from other members. The site pays only through Stripe, so if you cannot use Stripe payment, the site is not for you.

Vocal: This is similar to Medium. The site is not available worldwide and pays only through Stripe. You are paid according to the views generated by your article.

Wattpad: Wattpad does not have any earning programs but if you can get readers willing to pay for your content, you can make money by publishing on Wattpad.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I have written for HubPages, I still have a couple of articles on Hubpages. But I don't make money on Hubpages and I am no longer publishing on Hubpages. In order to earn from hubpages, you need to bring substantial amount of traffic from organic searches. THis is the most difficult aspect of earning from articles. if I have to work hard to bring traffic on hubpages and earn just a portion of the revenue, why should I try hubpages, why not start publishing on my own blog. I kniw Medium and Vocal. I have published a couple of articles on Medium but not published on Vocal. I am not form the accepted countries, so I cannot earn from these sites. Wattpad is good for those who want to establish themselves as fiction writers. THis platform is not for article writers. If you want to become a fiction writer, you should definiately try this out.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Some of those platforms does not have any earning program but you can capitalise on them to make your blog popular one if you are into blogging.

A lot of people have used that strategy in the past and it has actually worked for so many of them. You can also use them to market your affiliate products and make some good amount of money from it.

Someone that taught me affiliate marketing some time ago said that you can use medium to write about the product you're promoting and connect it with your website and a lot of people will actually visit.

It is also very important and necessary you do it in a professional way so that you will not get your article deleted. Medium is strictly against people promoting affiliate products on the website but if you can do it in a very professional way they will not even find out. You can also use that strategy to promote your blog and attract a lot of traffic.

arunima25

Verified member
I won't consider Wattpad as an article writing platform. I have not come across articles there. Maybe I have not searched there much for articles. It's more favourable for creative writing and for fiction writers. I am not sure about how much one can earn on Wattpad, but it's surely one of the best and most popular platforms to get visibility, popularity and recognition. The platform has good number; of viewership and you get enough readers to read, notice and appreciate your work.
When it comes to article writing platforms, the struggle is with getting the upfront payment. Most of these sites that you mentioned have no upfront payment and that's discouraging. It's a lot of time and effort to get viewership and traffic to the articles. A good quality article is as such a lot of time and effort from the writer's side. On the top to get more traffic and viewership adds up to the work load. I would prefer to invest the time and effort to write a quality article. Getting traffic should not be our concern but sad that it doesn't work that way. And then with revenue sharing, yhe share that the writer gets is too less and not worth the time and effort. One can use tge same time and effort for personal blogs and sites.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
These are legit sites to make money but the truth is that it is not even easy to make money via these sites. I have signed up on hubpages but wasn’t able to make money because I wasn’t having number of views that will make me make money. So from my experience if you don’t have good number of views it might be very difficult to make money off these sites.

Again, you need to be able to write well and make your writing as meaningful as possible. It is always good to have a valuable content as well that will help to make people keep coming back to the site. All of these are not easy to achieve but the good thing is that it is doable. So one need to keep writing search engine friendly articles to be able to draw organic traffic from google to the articles. This is way to make money