Fancy plants for display in business area

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Some companies hire a decorator or designer to handle the display of their business. They are usually in the malls that change the decorations every 3 months and depending on the occasion too. For a business that is related to plants or trees a fancy plant like hanging orchids or maybe a “bird of paradise” with the unique flower will do. Anything unique never fails to attract attention.

IMG_2728 long banana tree.JPG
In one of my travels I chanced upon a banana plant with a very long fruit bunch as you can see in the picture. People are flocking to the long banana bunch for a selfie and I had to wait for them to go before I took my selfie. Admittedly most of the people crowding the place are not customers but somehow the business has been noticed by so many that for sure they are making sales because of the long banana for their display.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Are those your bananas? I grew up in a small town, my parents had a small piece of land where they grew bananas, papayas, guava, pomegranates, etc, basically the fruit bearing trees (banana is not a tree though). Currently, I live in a city, in a rented apartment. I am not much interested in gardening, however, I understand the value of plants to our mental wellbeing.

arunima25

Verified member
These days it is a trend to bring nature indoors to your workplace. It adds up to the beauty of the space. And it is believed that a beautiful work place enhances the productivity and gives mental peace to the employees. Corporates spend a lot for beautiful landscaping around and also to put indoor plants in and around the work place to add aesthetic value and other goodness. Many vendors are into this business here and there is a competitive market.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
To be honest this doesn't work for all business. You cannot imagine banking to be decorating or planting some flowers with the aim of luring customers. Though it is a nice concept but it will work for better of the business is related to either farming or horticulture. There are some other ways to decorate without using flowers or plants

arunima25

Verified member
To be honest this doesn't work for all business. You cannot imagine banking to be decorating or planting some flowers with the aim of luring customers. Though it is a nice concept but it will work for better of the business is related to either farming or horticulture. There are some other ways to decorate without using flowers or plants
I would disagree here. I have been to banks who have got beautiful inside landscaping and have lovely indoor plants. I go to my bank HDFC and they have beautiful plants inside in lobbies and waiting area. Also they have a lovely landscape on one wall of the waiting arera with vertical gardening and an artificial fountain. It's beautifully done in that small space. It is not to attract costumer but to add aesthetic value to the work place. I see similar things in hospitals and clinics too.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I would disagree here. I have been to banks who have got beautiful inside landscaping and have lovely indoor plants. I go to my bank HDFC and they have beautiful plants inside in lobbies and waiting area. Also they have a lovely landscape on one wall of the waiting arera with vertical gardening and an artificial fountain. It's beautifully done in that small space. It is not to attract costumer but to add aesthetic value to the work place. I see similar things in hospitals and clinics too.
I understand your point. But I am only saying this method of beautification should go to business or investment that has to do with aesthetics. I am not against landscape beautification but what has putting flowers has to do with banking. Though it may be acceptable in the hospitals because of its nature but banking, I don't see any reason to be there even if it is there.

arunima25

Verified member
I understand your point. But I am only saying this method of beautification should go to business or investment that has to do with aesthetics. I am not against landscape beautification but what has putting flowers has to do with banking. Though it may be acceptable in the hospitals because of its nature but banking, I don't see any reason to be there even if it is there.
You have made a valid point. Banking system is generally perceived as a dry system. And definitely doing these would be a bit of investment and it won't bring customers. I agree there. And now a days more and more banking transactions are done online and rarely we need to visit a physical bank. But still they have employees who work in that environment for long hours. And adding aesthetic value there is good in long term. They bring soothing effect on employees and make them productive. We all need a beautiful work environment to feel good. University and schools are also doing landscaping. It is not to get students. Students will come only on academic standards. But it's to beautify the environment.

D

Deleted member 28127

These days it is a trend to bring nature indoors to your workplace. It adds up to the beauty of the space. And it is believed that a beautiful work place enhances the productivity and gives mental peace to the employees. Corporates spend a lot for beautiful landscaping around and also to put indoor plants in and around the work place to add aesthetic value and other goodness. Many vendors are into this business here and there is a competitive market.
There is some companies that intend to bring real natural plans to their workplace but it requires a long maintain also it is costly to pay for their maintenance so some companies are providing generic natural plans so if you see it seems like a flower but in reality it is generic one designed to be like natural one for those how see it but created in plastic or something like that and it costs less than natural plan but it is really with same effect that natural plans.

arunima25

Verified member
There is some companies that intend to bring real natural plans to their workplace but it requires a long maintain also it is costly to pay for their maintenance so some companies are providing generic natural plans so if you see it seems like a flower but in reality it is generic one designed to be like natural one for those how see it but created in plastic or something like that and it costs less than natural plan but it is really with same effect that natural plans.
They are a good way to beautify the place without bearing too much of cost and maintenance. You are right that a real plant needs care and maintenance and that can be an added cost and responsibility. I have seen them in places like malls and movie theatres too. They might replace the beauty aspects of a natural plant but not the health benefits.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Those bananas are simply good around you, it feels good to have fruits surrounding the premises. I owned a small garden where i planted bananas too, and the other plantain, pinnacles, pea etc. But development in our family land, came and destroyed my hard work and cut off my plants. That is more than 8 years today since i lost my plantation farm.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Pardon me to disagree but if your example is a bank then I will try to find the branch of the bank that looks like a forest outside near the entrance. A fancy display is a means to attract the eyes of the passersby. It is not necessary to be related to the business at all. The banana in the picture is by the side of the entrance of a store that sells religious items.