As A Potential Employee, What Offer Captures Your Fancy?

Rachael

Verified member
We all have our dream jobs and our career interests. Before applying for a job position either vacant or non-vacant, there are certain offers we look out to in the role description. As individuals, we all have preferences even with the working conditions. There are certain factors or conditions that should be ascertained before accepting a job offer. Some individuals would check out for; salary, fringe benefits, working condition, job title, job security, free time, management and pension schemes or retirement benefits. To break this down, to a greater percentage of individuals, the salary package or renumeration comes first before assessing other criteria. The salary should be substantial which should cover up for; transportation, feeding, savings and other miscellaneous. To some individuals, they would not accept a job offer which has no fringe benefits attached like; transport allowance, vacations, leave grants, maternity leave and some packages during festive periods. The working conditions could be paramount to some individuals as they would assess; the duration of working hours, the rules and regulation and code of working ethics and the general welfare of the employees. The job title is also considered by some potential employees; I had a friend who turned down an offer because of the job title, the title was 'a customer representative,' but she accepted the same offer and position in another company with the same renumeration rate because the job title was, 'customer success analyst,' which sounded more intriguing or polished to her. The security of the job, free time during working hours, the management style of leadership and retirement benefits are all taken into consideration differently according to one's preferences.

Kendy

Verified member
Presently, I do not engage in any offline job. I have been through hell and back with teaching jobs in my country, where employers derive utmost joy in pressurizing teachers, coupled with low wages or no pay at all. Due to this incessant negative developments, I have vowed to myself never to engage in any other teaching jobs except the terms and conditions are adequately favourable. I would never settle for less anymore because of desperation. However, before taking up a job position, I first of all check out for the location. If the location is far away from my residential address and there is no provision of accommodation then I might likely not take it especially if the salary payment is not substantial for a take home package.

Secondly, I look out for the demands of the role description to ascertain if I can cope with it or if I am qualified to assume responsibilities or I would have to sharpen my skills. Thirdly, I look out for the renumeration. If the payment is not worth the job, I would run away from it as fast as my legs can carry. If I accept the job and I notice the ill- treatment and scorn towards employees or myself, I would resign immediately after my first pay or before then.