Growing fancy plants for selling

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In this pandemic era there was a hype on plants last year that is persistent until now. Many have become plant lovers to fight off the boredom of the continual lockdown. I am a backyard gardener and I love plants since I was in grade school. However, my forte is the edible plants and not the ornamental. But for the purpose of a small home-based business I have also indulged in ornamental plants.

IMG_7999 cactus.JPG
Getting popular now are the cactus and succulents. They are very small plants as you can see in the picture. Small means cheaper pots and lesser time to tend the plants. But you may be surprised that those small potted cactus (cacti) are priced higher than ordinary plants in big pots. That is one advantage that you get when you grow cactus and succulents that you will later on sell. You can post it in social media and preferred buyers are those living within 10 kilometers of your place – that is for the delivery requirement.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
In this pandemic era there was a hype on plants last year that is persistent until now. Many have become plant lovers to fight off the boredom of the continual lockdown. I am a backyard gardener and I love plants since I was in grade school. However, my forte is the edible plants and not the ornamental. But for the purpose of a small home-based business I have also indulged in ornamental plants.

View attachment 45579
Getting popular now are the cactus and succulents. They are very small plants as you can see in the picture. Small means cheaper pots and lesser time to tend the plants. But you may be surprised that those small potted cactus (cacti) are priced higher than ordinary plants in big pots. That is one advantage that you get when you grow cactus and succulents that you will later on sell. You can post it in social media and preferred buyers are those living within 10 kilometers of your place – that is for the delivery requirement.
Planting fancy plant that can beautify surroundings is a lucrative business especially when its in a good location.
For this to sale very well one need to look for a good location that people will be able to patronise it very well.
In my country buying already planted plant is a little costly.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This depends on location. I can never advice any one living where I live to do this type of business. Not because it is not lucrative as you said, but there is no targeted customers in my area. However, there are sow areas in my country that fancy flowers because of its beautification and the aura that comes with it.

Mellorando

Banned
this kind of business strictly depends on where you live I would advise anyone to do such a business here in Nigeria because not everyone here it did not value fancy plant or even flowers or even though you do such a business here in Nigeria you should have clients from all over the world who are able to get your product and buy them

Samuel72

Verified member
Growing plant for sale is a good business and also a good idea because this business does not require much capital and also it has low stress but growing plant for sale is a business that moves well only in the urban area, this business does not make sales in the rural area this is because in the rural area everyone prefer planting by himself rather than buying plants.