Ex-hacker found his lost bitcoins after 10 years

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Jones @jonesusHchrist, who describes himself as Ex-hacker tweeted on 23rd January 2021 about his re-discovery of his long-lost Bitcoins. According to his own tweets, he mined and purchased Bitcoins for $2.33 each during 2011 then.

His HD board caught fire, and he had to give up, few years later he tried to restore everything, but his BTC were remained hidden, he kept trying to restore them and finally found his lost original wallet.dat file in 2021 from recyclebin.

Jones although did not reveal exactly how many Bitcoins he had recovered from his wallet, however, another user by the name Whale Alert informed about an identified transaction of 1.5k BTC to Bitstamp exchange, if this is the same Jones, then his net worth in BTC is nearly $47 million.

Kennysplash

Verified member
Jones @jonesusHchrist, who describes himself as Ex-hacker tweeted on 23rd January 2021 about his re-discovery of his long-lost Bitcoins. According to his own tweets, he mined and purchased Bitcoins for $2.33 each during 2011 then.

His HD board caught fire, and he had to give up, few years later he tried to restore everything, but his BTC were remained hidden, he kept trying to restore them and finally found his lost original wallet.dat file in 2021 from recyclebin.

Jones although did not reveal exactly how many Bitcoins he had recovered from his wallet, however, another user by the name Whale Alert informed about an identified transaction of 1.5k BTC to Bitstamp exchange, if this is the same Jones, then his net worth in BTC is nearly $47 million.
Wow that is huge. Blessing in disguise, if he had not lost access to the coins he probably would have done away with the bitcoins before now. A bad situation had a turnaround. When I look back, although I won't say I regretted not purchasing some bitcoins but it still saddens me a little. I heard about it 10 years ago and that was when everyone was calling it scam and running from it. If I had been bold enough perhaps things would be different. But at the same time I can't say for sure because I would have offloaded them when it appreciated a little.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Wow that is huge. Blessing in disguise, if he had not lost access to the coins he probably would have done away with the bitcoins before now. A bad situation had a turnaround. When I look back, although I won't say I regretted not purchasing some bitcoins but it still saddens me a little. I heard about it 10 years ago and that was when everyone was calling it scam and running from it. If I had been bold enough perhaps things would be different. But at the same time I can't say for sure because I would have offloaded them when it appreciated a little.
Of course, everyone could have done the same, When in 2017, I started with BTC, I was thinking that $5k is enough and had a plan to make $5k, but soon I found out that it is nearly impossible to mine a Bitcoin; as Jones mentioned in tweet, his HD board caught fire, this mean mining was even then hard, he was using his gaming computer then, this new Bitcoin millionaire has opened a hope for all those who have lost their bitcoins on any way and can start rediscovering.

Ekuvero

Many people really didn't knew btc would go on the rise in the near future cause it Worth's then was just a penny compared now to when its price to surge everyday now everyone is working on their lost btc. Am quite happy for him though

Divinechidera

He should thank his stars for that. Whoever knew that the price o Bitcoin will skyrocket to this level??
I'm just imagining how he'd feel if he'd lost it totally.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Many people really didn't knew btc would go on the rise in the near future cause it Worth's then was just a penny compared now to when its price to surge everyday now everyone is working on their lost btc. Am quite happy for him though
Of course, I too would have sold my BTC cheap if I had during previous years, but this time if I have, I'll use it as capital and may trade in buy/sell if required, not at once. this new Bitcoin millionaire is one of the lucky people, in twitter many people even started asking him for donation which he has ignored too.

He should thank his stars for that. Whoever knew that the price o Bitcoin will skyrocket to this level??
I'm just imagining how he'd feel if he'd lost it totally.
He had lost it in 2011, he gained it back after much efforts, this is a happy moment and he shared with everyone, and what a luck, he gained this when BTC is gaining.

Divinechidera

He's really lucky. And the funny part of this is that when Bitcoin was cheap, so many people didn't even consider it as an investment. I even heard that when they were mining it when it came out newly, people were mocking the miners. Lol. But Just look at Bitcoin today. The dude should just do Thanksgiving in his church (if he's not an atheist though) lol

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
He's really lucky. And the funny part of this is that when Bitcoin was cheap, so many people didn't even consider it as an investment. I even heard that when they were mining it when it came out newly, people were mocking the miners. Lol. But Just look at Bitcoin today. The dude should just do Thanksgiving in his church (if he's not an atheist though) lol
As his name suggests, he is not atheist but himself (just kidding)
Someone was offering me Bitcoin when it was new, that person was probably from Nigeria, but people that time were claiming Nigerians are scammers, and I decided to avoid the idea. I had to download something to get that bitcoin (probably a wallet); but I was not aware of anything (that was simple because everything of Bitcoin was a new thing). This Jones was just a kid and brought some, now his luck came back to him.

Mahmoud2019

He smart and lucky man he invest and the luck paly with him?congrats and hope we are soon eaen from unknown Crypto currency

Augusta

VIP Contributor

Sometime I read news like this and I wished it was happening to me Lol but seriously nothing has sweet as recovering your last coins and you realize that you can make fortune off it. This hsvker never knew these coins years back can make him millions but look at it today. He will colleting a whopping 46 million dollars when he decides to sell them off.. This is the more reason people are investing in bitcoin now. You can make a fortune off it if you are lucky

Ahmedo24

Verified member
I have read different article as regards people loosing their bitcoin in their devices, I guess most of them were careless about holding the coin as at when the value was very small. They never thought it could go this high. I also tried to recover one of my wallet bitpay because I could recall I had like $5 worth of bitcoin when the price was at $4000 so by now it might be arround $20 but unfortunately I can't find it. I suggest we are very careful with our wallets now .

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
He smart and lucky man he invest and the luck paly with him?congrats and hope we are soon eaen from unknown Crypto currency
Man was lucky, and it was his hardwork too.

Sometime I read news like this and I wished it was happening to me Lol but seriously nothing has sweet as recovering your last coins and you realize that you can make fortune off it. This hsvker never knew these coins years back can make him millions but look at it today. He will colleting a whopping 46 million dollars when he decides to sell them off.. This is the more reason people are investing in bitcoin now. You can make a fortune off it if you are lucky
Nobody was aware, even you, me and others were not aware, but what we can do? Yet the new millionaire did hardwork to get his cryptos.

I have read different article as regards people loosing their bitcoin in their devices, I guess most of them were careless about holding the coin as at when the value was very small. They never thought it could go this high. I also tried to recover one of my wallet bitpay because I could recall I had like $5 worth of bitcoin when the price was at $4000 so by now it might be arround $20 but unfortunately I can't find it. I suggest we are very careful with our wallets now .
$5 worth BTC at 4k is somewhat 120k satoshi which is 30-40$ maybe, it is not a big loss in compare to that time, but if you don't find, then they will remain in blockchain as lost.
This new millionaire made his day, now we should try to find out our wallets and find our treasure back.