Business Ideas Empty barrel makes noise.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Actually there is a saying that empty barrel makes a noise.
Sometime ago I have opportunity to discuss with a friend of mine and he said he wanted to buy more shop or even have intentions to buy already built house possibly beside road and convect it to warehouse.
To my surprise this my friend do not usually wear big cloth,big ,cars and yet to built big houses but he controls millions and has many workers under him.
This guy has a managerial skill and very sound in business ideology.
Once you know what you are doing in business and very diligent in doing that business your success will surely speaks for you.
Can this be true that;its an empty barrel that makes a noise even in business too?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
That is not what we meant here, according to how I understand the saying it is trying to say that someone who does not always have something reasonable to offer are always the one that will distract the people that has something reasonable to offer, I don't know if that is the correct interpretation but that is what I always believe.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The illustration you gave doesn't really match the saying. Empty barrel makes much noise mean people with no idea make the loudest noise. Concerning your friend, that is his lifestyle, I know a rich guy that always boasts of his money and his properties and that doesn't change the fact that he is rich. Your friend may like a quiet life.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
and beside I will not advise you to judge people based on that saying because that thing is just an irony ,although it can work in some circumstances but no matter what it is not always advisable for you to look down on people believing that they don't have anything to offer because you have never see the person's potential before.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was young the food truck was never heard of. Now if you go to the business district the food trucks are a common sight because they provide hot meals to the employees of the corporate offices there. Maybe half of the food was catered by food trucks. However, the food trucks pay taxes because they should be registered.