Effect of consuming too much tea

Empress

Verified member
Tea is one of the world best beverages. But too much of it has a side effect like
1. Increased anxiety, restlessness and stress
Overconsuming caffeine from tea can also cause anxiety and restlessness
2.It reduced iron absorption
Tannins in tea can bind to iron in plant based food which reduces the amount that you are able to absorb in the digestive tract but if you have a low iron you can drink tea between your meals.
3. It can lead to poor sleep
Intake of excess caffeine can reduce the melatonin production and can disrupt sleep patterns as well.
4. Nausea
Sometimes the tannins in tea might irritate the digestive tissues which result in symptoms like stomach ache or nausea.
5. Heartburn
Caffeine can also cause heart burn

kayode10

VIP Contributor
You can develop high blood pressure if you drink too much of caffeinated tea. Caffeine has a way of increasing the blood pressure. You may not be able to sleep very well as a result of too much caffeine in your body system. This is the reason why it is very important to take herbal tea. The helps to flush out toxic from the body system.

Barin

Too much of tea causes nausea or vomiting that is why it is not good to consume everything too much as it always have a side effect

Drrooll

Too much of everything is not always good for our health tea consumption every time causes health implications like nausea or vomiting

Rumaisa Adeel

Reduced iron absorption. Tea is a rich source of a class of compounds called tannins. ...Increased anxiety, stress, and restlessness. Tea leaves naturally contain caffeine. ...Poor sleep. ...Nausea. ...Heartburn. ...Pregnancy complications. ...Headaches. ...Dizziness.

Krishrish

You are right with the side effect of tea, drinking too much of tea is not good for our health we should minimize the amount we drink daily

Aqruub

I don't really like drinking tea Everytime because it causes nausea for me but I do drink it once in a while but I do prefer coffee