Does Every Work Has Retirement Time?

Sikapa

Verified member
Today I will like to let us discuss something about work and retirement. I know every government work has it own retirement time and is actually 60 years of a person's age. But let use think of private sector works too, I know there are most of the private industries or sector that also have retirement time for their workers but we are not basing on government work nor private work.

I just want us to emphasize on those who are self employed and are doing their one works. I mean the artisans who own their own jobs. I sometimes think of those people when ever I think of retirement, how do they too retire? Well, to my understanding I think some of them may plan for their retirement because there are some that do hard work for living and at their old age, they can no longer work.

Do you think all of them have a retirement time?

Suba

Staff member
Not only working for the government or private companies, but if you are self-employed or become an entrepreneur, because you don't have a boss, you can determine the retirement period for yourself even though you don't have to be 60 years old, maybe you can postpone it when you are 65 or 70 year. The most important thing is that you are able to achieve financial freedom and have goals in your life, such as spending free time etc. As the successor of your business, you can give or delegate to your son or daughter.

Ajebo25

Verified member
Of course yes every work has a retirement time if you're a government worker I think the time which is set for them to retire is 35 year but if you're self employed I think you should be able to retire whenever you want without anyone dictating for you, what you should always think is plan your time before you retire make sure you save enough money when you're still in service so that you can enjoy when you finally retire.

I experienced something last year, I saw a man who had nowhere to stay but under they bridge when I asked what made the man to become homeless I was told that he was into the army and served for 35 years before he retired, while he was still in service he only used his money to flex at the club and live other lavish lifestyles forgetting he was going to retire, he didn't build a house till he retired that was why he became homeless so we should plan our retirement days well when we're still working.

King bell

VIP Contributor
There's no question that retirement is a major life event. After years of working, you finally get to enjoy some well-earned rest and relaxation. But does every job have a retirement plan?

I don't think so. There are plenty of careers out there that don't have a traditional retirement age. For example, many artists continue working well into their later years. And there are plenty of businesspeople who are self-employed or work in industries that don't offer retirement benefits.

So, while retirement is a nice goal to have, it's not necessarily something that everyone can achieve. And that's okay! There are plenty of other ways to enjoy your later years, whether it's by continuing to work or finding other hobbies and activities to fill your time.