Do You Trust Crypto Analysts?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
When it comes to understanding crypto and learning about crypto, my favourite way to get information is from youtube. I follow crypto content creators who give accurate information and analysis, one that I can really recommend is called Guy and his channel name is Crypto Bureau. I also regularly check crypto news platform like Coin Desk, Coin Telegraph, Decrypt, and some other popular media like Entrepreneur, Forbes, etc.

I consume the content that analyzes the market, provide information on new crypto projects, and offer detail description on existing project.

I consume everything except the price prediction. I will not go through the content that ties to predict price because no one can accurately predict the crypto market and the price.

One of the crypto projects I have faith in is Cardano, therefore, in most cases I try to read news on ADA. A certain company, in January, predicted the price of ADA to be almost $3 by the end of 2022, and now the same company is saying the price will be 68 cents and it will reach $3 in 2025.

For me , I will not say I trust them . Before I can give out my trust to a crypto analyst I have to first of all verify most of the information they are posting to really understand if they are saying the truth or not . I won't even like getting wrong information from people who have not gone through professional training on cryptocurrencies to a point of giving out accurate information based on technical and fundamental point of view..

I have so many people out there who are crypto experts and they are really good in their crypto predictions and in this case I do have to follow their update most of the time to get a good information on went to buy a particular cryptocurrency and also when to sell.

For me to be able to trust them I have to observe their analysis for sometimes.

Interesting discussion sis, as an accounting expert I often prepare budgets to make financial forecasts and estimates, I have also studied prices, both in micro and macro economics. When we predict the price of any good, other factors are held constant (unchanged). so that when the budget, and other financial estimates are applied, there will be a real mismatch. Likewise, in predicting crypto prices, there are a lot of unexpected determinants, especially crypto prices are very volatile, so even if a small influence has a huge impact on crypto prices, the point is that crypto price analysis and prediction is not to be trusted but only as a guide and it would be better if you compare the results of other people's predictions with the results of your predictions or analysis. and the decision to buy or sell crypto remains yours.

I do follow crypto analysts like Anthony Pompillano and Alessio Rastani. But I don’t blindly trust everyone on social media claiming to be an expert in the subject. I just take all of the analysis articles I see with a pinch of salt and do my own research.

I can't say I trust them no. End of the day with crypto and especially in a bear market you are buying future value. Estimations of price in x years are pointless in this ever changing world and as many of us know time moves faster in crypto and particularly DeFi.