Do You Think Wheat is a Good Substitute For Garri (cassava flour)

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Whole wheat gives fiber: essential nutrients ( vitamins and minerals ). It's healthier for the body. It also contains Gluten which is good for the body except for those allergic or having some kinds of diseases such as inflammatory bowel syndrome.

Garri (cassava flour) is a good source of starch. It's a carbohydrate food, a source of energy, both wheat and Garri can be eaten with soup ( egusi, ogbono, okro, vegetable, ewedu, stew etc ). They have different preparation processes. You can take garri with other food unlike wheat.

There are so many contents online telling you how harmful or good wheat is. You don't know what to believe anymore. At the moment, I prefer wheat to garri, not because of its taste but because it doesn't upset my stomach like garri. I noticed garri is not good for ulcer patients.

You can contribute your view on what you think, if wheat is more healthier than garri.

Good luck

Verified member
To be frank and candid people will always prefer wheat to garri.Most children don't like eating cassava flour which garri or Eba.Cassave flour is very heavy to consume unlike wheat that is light and it is very good for the body though it depends on individual choice of food when it comes to solid.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
You have a point. Wheat is light and soft. It's also good for kids. I think why it looks like so many eat cassava flour more than wheat is because they were trained that way from childhood. If I make a family, I won't be get much of cassava flour as food stuff, I will get more of wheat and the likes. Cassava flour is good but its effect on health is something I don't like .maybe when I train my kids on other local food, pounded yam, and more they will get used to it and forget cassava flour.