Have a substitute career

Jnr

When think about what you want to do in life, you should also think of a substitute job, more of like a back up job, like an hand and craft job, Because all career may have their flaws and restrictions, maybe a lockdown or something like a restriction. All this can be covered up with a substitute career, something that can keep you fit for the main time, I am an operator but my substitute job is affiliate marketing, When am free or when i am restricted from going to work i go into online job and that pays me well.
So i advise you all to help spread the news ? of having a substitute career, it helps.

Kennysplash

Verified member
When think about what you want to do in life, you should also think of a substitute job, more of like a back up job, like an hand and craft job, Because all career may have their flaws and restrictions, maybe a lockdown or something like a restriction. All this can be covered up with a substitute career, something that can keep you fit for the main time, I am an operator but my substitute job is affiliate marketing, When am free or when i am restricted from going to work i go into online job and that pays me well.
So i advise you all to help spread the news ? of having a substitute career, it helps.
I totally agree with you. Whatever you do in life, always have a contingency plan. A skill or hand work can come handy anytime. You never know if you will toss aside your certificate and use your skills to make a living. Normally one should not even depend on a single source of income. So while going to university is great, learn a useful skill or handwork along the way. Even if you don't intend on using it at all, no knowledge is a waste and you never know when you might need it. So I am totally in support of your idea of a substitute income, it is an eye opener for those that need to hear it.

Donkiz

For someone to live a good life and equally be able to save, it's very important and advisable to have more than one source of income. The pandemic and the subsequent lockdown that followed it opened our eyes to lots of things, and also helped to reshape our thinking, that's why most of us ran to online jobs for sustenance.

That's why I always try to advise people even if as a student, try to learn one skill or the other, that way you will be more prepared to face life, have leverage, and most importantly have a plan B just incase of necessity.

Olajidey

You are right, having a side hustle with the main hustle , we all learn a very big lesson during the lockdown.
lets look at the cost of living which is on the rise side, from accomoodation , feeding clothing,schooling,transportation e.t.c we will see that there is an increase with the living cost. so having side hustle will check and balance our resources and we wont go bankrupt.
Bankruptcy can have adverse effect and can also lead to frustruation. so having side hustle is the way out.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
There are different type of sidework anyone can choose to do depending on the person's interest, there are some people that are good in making money online maybe by having a high demanding skill and doing some services for people online and make their money and there are some people that are good in Craft and learning of offline skill,anyone can have a sideworkdepending on the area interest of an individual

Yes, I concur to this. Especially, in a time like when things could go wrong. Even recently a bank in Nigeria sacked over 2000 workers. Is that not terrible??? A side hustle will help to balance your finances in a way and that is why it is good to have skills.

Alot of private school teachers now are in tears because school is the not in session yet. This happened during the lockdown last year. Alot of teachers were not receiving salary because of no school activities.

Always prepare yourself for the worst by getting a skill. It pays off.

Jonaville

I agree with your points. In this global economy we are presently in, it is advisable to have more than one source of income so that if one should disappoint, you can have a back up to turn to. I have a job but I I'm also into an online business. As long as the jobs don't clash and are not demanding, you're good to go.