Shares/Stock Do you prefer to choose stocks based on your knowledge or advice from friends / experts

greenieS

Verified member
What do you prefer when you invest in a stock? Do you study on the internet on certain sites / forums and choose a stock to invest in or do you consult certain experts to assess your situation and tell you if it is good to invest or not? Or maybe you have friends who have invested and will recommend you too.

In this field, do you prefer to go on your acquaintances or on the recommendations of your friends? I'm really curious what everyone chooses and what they rely on before investing in stock. :)

I am studying about stocks when I received a grant from a bank. It is substantial in value that I have no intention to sell. A few weeks ago the market price rose to 135 from the 125 which is a good time to sell for a profit. That advice was from the office mate of my wife who is into stocks. However, I thought about it well. Do I need the money? No. That means if I sell I will only keep the money in my bank account. Well, if I sell and later on when the market price goes down I will have to buy again to maintain the 9,000 plus shares that I have. That is trading and I don't have a penchant for that. I just consider my stocks as a lifetime investment and not really for the profit. Until now I am still trying to learn more but not really from friends because they might just be confusing me.

be very careful with advice from friends. Most people pretend to know more than they do and give advice on stocks where they actually have no idea whether it's actually good advice. If they are experienced and are investing themselves then it may be a good idea.