Do you prefer owning your business alone?

Right from time, my dream have always been to start alone and end alone. Not meaning that i won't have staffs, or employees, I'll have. But it can't stop me from running it as a business owned by a single man. Going into partnership with one isn't in my agenda, unless things didn't work out for me as planned, before I'll consider working with a partner.

In some other threads I think I have posted about my sad experience with a business partner. He was my best friend in high school so I had trusted him with my business as an industrial partner. But he had a hidden agenda of having his own business for competition that later he pirated my major customers. That was the reason of our estrangement until now.

It depends on the kind of business involved, because some businesses demand partnership. But personally I will like to run my own business so I will mostly go for a business that I can easily run on my own. I need a business that I can take decision when need be

Right from time, my dream have always been to start alone and end alone. Not meaning that i won't have staffs, or employees, I'll have. But it can't stop me from running it as a business owned by a single man. Going into partnership with one isn't in my agenda, unless things didn't work out for me as planned, before I'll consider working with a partner.
I think it's good to be a lone soldier when you know exactly what you're doing. People can't be trusted this days and we can only trust ourselves. We can definitely run a business ourselves if we are capable of doing so....but if the business has expanded to a point of having a business partner then we will have no choice but doing so!

In some other threads I think I have posted about my sad experience with a business partner. He was my best friend in high school so I had trusted him with my business as an industrial partner. But he had a hidden agenda of having his own business for competition that later he pirated my major customers. That was the reason of our estrangement until now.
Very annoying that some people had to be that way. To even trust anybody this time around can be very difficult because no one can be trusted. People that you think will be reliable, they are the ones that proved be unreliable. This is one of the reasons why I would have my business to myself.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Establishing a solid business is nothing but a very hard thing to do. Before making an attempt to create a business venture, you will have to consider various elements that can affect, positively or negatively the said business before establishment.

You would think about finance first, where the money will come from, how much have you earned or saved? Where to start your business? Where your customers will come from? And so on and so forth.

Let's say some of all those questions have been answered, but there's one left that you couldn't answer....Your finance.
You don't really have much fund to totally finance your business.

But you have a distant friend who can, not a close friend though, but he's not willing to borrow you money but he wills to partner you in the business.

Can you partner with anybody in your business because of money? Or you will rather borrow from another person or bank?

Borrow money from friend has two facts: First fact is to pay his money back when company or project has return but due to initial financial issue for running the project you may consider his contribution with money as partner or participant in company so you accept that he works with you and you divide the returns of money this is logic what is saying.
Are you saying working with someone should be on contract base? That there should be an agreement between the owner and the partner. That if the money and gain in the business has been actualized then the partner should be paid off. Well if that you are saying, I think it's good, but it can also cause issues on its own. It's better to run your stuff alone.

If I have the opportunity to finance the business of my dream and the knowledge as well , I will definitely go for some proprietorship because it will give me full control over the business . Allowing me to make decisions , take the profit alone and avoiding having any issue in the business as it is with joint business .

I have engaged in one and in blamed myself seriously. It's not advisable to go into business partnership. It's better to obtain loan than to enter into partnership because of insufficient capital. It's always better to do your thing alone and be satisfied with whatever comes out of it. I always advocated for one man business

If I have the opportunity to finance the business of my dream and the knowledge as well , I will definitely go for some proprietorship because it will give me full control over the business . Allowing me to make decisions , take the profit alone and avoiding having any issue in the business as it is with joint business .
If that's what is going give you a rest of mind then no problem being your own boss and having all the gains to yourself but don't you think there may be a time for an expansion and you need the help of a friend who's okay and it might want to result to partnership? Just maybe! But whichever way it's really good to believe in yourself.

I have engaged in one and in blamed myself seriously. It's not advisable to go into business partnership. It's better to obtain loan than to enter into partnership because of insufficient capital. It's always better to do your thing alone and be satisfied with whatever comes out of it. I always advocated for one man business
Very sorry that I turned out bad for you.....You know not everyone has the mind for a loan, that's why some people prefer to team up with friends or a friend, that has to be somebody they can trust. But too bad that sometimes friends can be untrustworthy and unreliable, which may be the reason why some people don't partner.

I think it's good to be a lone soldier when you know exactly what you're doing. People can't be trusted this days and we can only trust ourselves. We can definitely run a business ourselves if we are capable of doing so....but if the business has expanded to a point of having a business partner then we will have no choice but doing so!
It just depend on the kind of business we want to set up. If its the kind of business option that requires partnership with someone you know, that wants to support you financially then you should go partner. But you should have agreement with him or her in case dispute comes up. But i prefer running a business as a lone owner, cos i never love misunderstandings with a partner over a decision-making.

It just depend on the kind of business we want to set up. If its the kind of business option that requires partnership with someone you know, that wants to support you financially then you should go partner. But you should have agreement with him or her in case dispute comes up. But i prefer running a business as a lone owner, cos i never love misunderstandings with a partner over a decision-making.
I share almost the same ideology with you but there are some cases where by a business may need two people or more to succeed. there are some big businesses that were started by a lot of people and of course they are still waxing strong today. trust is very important because if you start a business with someone who you trust, then there may be a possibility that the both of you will not have any issue.