Saving Money Do you ever feel tempered to spend money

D

Deleted member 13140

So I just want to go over a trick you can use to activate your self control, Mine is currently at 100%, yeap and am not joking.

And the Trick is hold your brakes and Just
- Ask Yourself the Right Questions

When faced with spending temptations, it's beneficial to hold an internal discussion with yourself.
By thinking with your intelligent mind, you may change your self-talk for the better. When faced with a desire to spend money, you can ask yourself, "Do I really need this?" We recognize that there are some things in life that we don't require yet find delightful to purchase.

Asking yourself if you really need to spend money on something helps you assess the importance of a potential purchase. Buyer's remorse or feelings of humiliation can result from making an impulse purchase that you don't need.
These unfavorable emotions are entirely avoided. You can ask yourself, "Will the thing I'm considering getting make my life better?" in the same way you'd ask if you need anything.

Many purchases can make us feel happy in the short term or in the moment. Looking into the future can assist you in determining whether or not the item or service you're considering purchasing is worthwhile.
If you're having problems evaluating whether a possible purchase is required or valuable, ask yourself, "What else could the money be used for?" It's advisable to prioritize bills, food, and petrol for your automobile if those are the first things that spring to mind.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Self control is really essential for anybody that wants to gain control over his life, most impulse spending stems from low self esteem and the need to impress people, nowadays most people buy stuffs and go to places so that they'll flaunt it to others, this shows that a person is not satisfied with himself, he needs to people's validation to make himself feel good.

Spend only on your needs not wants and this what your post explain, asking ourselves that hard question, it will limit our consumerism mentality to the barest minimum.

Some people might also find it difficult to adhere to this basic principle, which will also means they'll find it really difficult to save money and do something tangible with it.

jenningsglenda267

I always have a problem with the fact that I buy things I don't need. Do you think using your little trick I will be able to achieve not to waste money?

Abigael

Valued Contributor
It is truly important to always take a step back and assess how we spend our money. That way, you avoid being extravagant or getting into bad debt. By asking yourself if you actually need what you want to buy, you enable your brain to make a good financial decision. That way, you will know if you need it or not.

That alone won't prevent you from making a bad decision. Remember that urges can be so strong, especially if you are used to impulsively spending your money. Therefore, you need to go further and specify your needs and wants. Your needs should be your priority, including saving money for the future.

If you have not satisfied your needs and saved some money, then avoid those desires as much as possible. The good thing is that all you need to do is say no and stick to your decision. You can let yourself surf through the urge, feel it. Imagine yourself having that which you desire, but don't fall into buying it.

The more you surf through your spending urges but don't engage in satisfying them, the more you teach your brain to be self disciplined. That will help you alot in being wise with spending money. Remember to buy yourself your desires once in a while just for your sanity.

Kendy

Verified member
Spending and savings are always intertwined but at the end of the day, spending would always supersede savings this is because the sole aim of saving is that, one day you would definitely use it to purchase something or in cases of unforseen circumstances. Self-discipline is needed to avoid unnecessary spending and this is because, there are some people that cannot see any product and remove their minds. One trick I use to avoid unnecessary spending especially when I am not seeing excess money, because I have not yet attained that level of financial independence is to ascertain my needs from my wants.

I inculcate the habit of only and strictly purchasing the products or items which I am desperately in need of and which can add a little value to my well-being. There are times too where I spend to give myself the needed treatment because no matter how the economy is dwindling, one needs to take care of himself or herself and also enjoy the good gifs of life, it ia not Everytime of your life which you would economize even if you do not have too much to spare, this is because if you are too economical, it might affect your logical reason and you might start to see or think that other people are not wise or economical as you are!

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I am sure that there are many people who do feel tempted to spend money. There comes a time when many people become extravagant and I believe that being extravagant can hurt your economical conditions and financial position much faster than you can think. I am get tempted a lot to spend a lots of money and there come a time when I indeed spend much money. However, I have been planning to make a good budget plan and I will make sure that I will follow it in a diligent manner. I am also planning to make a daily budget.

That way I will be able to manage my monthly finances in a much better system. I will be making a proper budget plan so that I could save more money and I shall implement it sooner. I think all people should create a daily budge system so that it becomes easier to deal with your financial budgets and achieve the financial goals in the right way. Unfortunately, many people do not have such kind of goals and I think that it is necessary to do that due to increase in inflation and bad economy. Tempting to spend money could only make things bad.

Shaf

Verified member
I learnt of this same strategy sometimes back, but it says that you wait for 24 hours to buy that thing. If you really can't spend those hours without needing that item, then you can go ahead to get it.

This helped me tremendously to save money even on a low income as a student.

Another tips that really helps is saving a fraction of what you earn immediately you get it. Out of sight is usually out if minds for us humans, so the money you can have access to won't even be considered when you are spending unnecessarily.

Last one that I love is living within my means. It's so underestimated, but it's probably the best way to save money no matter how.much you earn.

E

eldavis

I get tempted to just Spend what I have on things I do not even need, there are times I actually fall for this, while there are other times I am able to control myself. I believe everyone has this problem most times and it's completely normal to have such feelings once in awhile but you need self control to be able to hold yourself. Most times what actually stops me is when I remember why I was saving it in the first place.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
The truth is that it is so good to save, infact some will argue that savings should what remove before consumption. But the true definition of savings says that sabings is what we have after deducting our consumption from our income. So the formulae is income after tax minus consumption then the rest should be kept as savings this has always been the rules. And the rationale behind this is that when you have deducted your consumption which comprises all you Essential needs then it will be difficult to go back into your savings because technically all your needs has been met literally. But it quite unfortunate that many after deducting all the consumption from their income after tax still go back to their savings, and make deduction from their savings to spend on less pressing concerns.

But again when we bring it down to the context of my country we will realise that it is wrong to assume that everyone should have savings because the economic situation does not encourage for savings because the income you get after tax is nothing to write home about, it can not even cover for your consumption let alone make room for savings .

Yes I do feel tempered or even tempted to spend money. Saving money requires patience and perseverance it's not a one day job so you ought to be patient when saving. But there are times when we needed to do something urgent dear by breaking our save or extracts some amount of money in order for these problems to be settled. As a college student, I've been tempered a lot of time spending extra bucks buying writing kits and materials. It is really tough saving in college because some things come unexpectedly and requires money to be solved. Other times, I do spend on junks just to get something in my stomach to go by the day. But while at home, I do try as much as possible to save up money so as not to Temper with my savings when I get back to college. Back your question, yes I feel tempered a lot of time and I try as much as possible to resist this temptation.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I always try to be careful with the thin line that separates saving money and denying myself some essential things. Some have concluded I am bad at saving and I agree.

I don't see money as a means of making me rich so I put less effort to it. Though it doesn't make me a lavish spender. I do try as much as possible to spend and save appropriately. Just that when I am tempted to spend and it is justifiable, I spend.

I could remember when I was in service as a national youth corp memeber, a friend of mine have determination of not spending his money and decided to be reducing how much he spent on food and clothes. Truly, he has a fat account but his looks negates what he likes which makes people to see him as being foolish.

No sooner than we were approaching the end of our service year when he was faced with an ailment ad a result of malnutrition and starving. This story doesn't justify not saving but it makes us realize that we don't need to depend solely on saving as a means of making ourselves rich.