Disadvantages of e-commerce

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
E-commerce is a good opportunity to promote business but at the same time it has some disadvantage too

1. Expensive to afford
2. Being exposed to scammers

1. Expensive to afford:- some times small businesses owners do want to promote their business online for more awareness and more customers to patronize them but capital is usually the challenges they face, when I say capital I simply mean “money”. It might be to expensive for the business firm to afford e-commerce because as we all know. Money is needed to make more money in any business.

2. Being exposed to scammers:- there are lots of scammers out there and nowadays, online has been the office of most scammers because it is more easier for scammers to meet their victims online. E-commerce is great but you could fall into the hands of scammers while trying to transact your business online.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
You are right with these disadvantages. Others include it may not be opened to some people that are illiterate. And the funniest thing is that this set of people buy most goods. Also, it denies the customers to physically assess what they want to buy. This has even discouraged some people not to use e commerce

kayode10

VIP Contributor
You can lose a lot of money trying to drive targeted traffic to your e-commerce stores even if you hire an expert. You may also have problem of logistic, in which your source of products might delay in delivering on time. The product you are sending to the customer damage on the way and you will incur losses.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I would like to correct the OP. First and foremost, ecommerce is not "a good opportunity to promote business." Ecommerce actually is a business. When you trade online, it is called ecommerce, you can sell almost anything from products to services, digital products, as well as physical products. Ecommerce means online business.