Disadvantage of not acquiring a skill

Heartstrings

In this present age and how the economy seem to be now,it's good to acquire one or two skills, both male and female because not acquiring a skill could cause you alot. When you have no any skill experience then be ready to indulge in more depth especially if your monthly income is not enough to pay your bills. One of the disadvantages of not acquiring a skill is if you are not able to save much of your monthly income especially if it's just manageable and you have lot of bills to sort out. You may not have any means to start up again if it happens that you are low on cash,but by having a skill,you can set up a business of your own or quickly used your skills experience to make some little money. Having a skill is like a backup to some people,while it's like a fun to others. One of my aunt is into beads making and it's always a fun time to her whenever she is bored or need some cool cash.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
The biggest disadvantage of not acquiring a skill is that you will be less productive and less effective in your job. You will be less able to advance and earn more money, which may lead to unemployment or reduced income.

Other disadvantages include:

Not knowing how to do something new that comes up. This can be a big problem if you have an important assignment that requires new skills, or if you need to perform a different task in your job function. In some cases, someone else might have more experience than you do and be better suited for the role.

Staying in a job because it's familiar but unfulfilling. If this is the case, then being stuck in a routine can make it hard to feel motivated at work because your day-to-day activities aren't as exciting as they used to be. It also gives you less time to do things like reading or going out with friends outside of work hours.

cmoneyspinner

This is a real life event and I will never forget it. When I was attending university, over 40 years ago, I took a summer job at a government welfare office. People who needed government assistance would come in and apply. One day an middle-aged lady came in and one of social workers was taking her application. I was close enough to hear the conversation between them. The social worker asked the lady if she had any job skills, i.e. was there something she could do to earn a living. I remember the lady responded: “I got married very young and my husband has always taken care of me. I have never worked. But now my husband is dead and I'm all alone. He didn't leave me anything.”

What that lady has stuck with me to the day. You should always learn how to do something to take care of yourself.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you do not have skills and knowledge, how do you suppose to get a decent job? If you do not have any skills, you will end up being a laborer (a job that does not need skills and knowledge but just muscle power). If you do not want to do low-profile jobs, you need to acquire skills. The better skills you have, the better you will be earning. Whether you want to work online or offline, whether you want to work in a company or work independently, whether you want to work on jobs that require physical work or jobs that can be done with knowledge and intelligence, you need skills to work. One of the reasons why people are unemployed or underpaid is because they lack proper skills. If you want to get better-paying jobs, you need to learn skills, if you do not have skills you cannot earn well.

E

eldavis

Right now I believe anyone who does not have any form of skill at the moment is at a huge disadvantage. Here in my country, there are no jobs out there, no matter how attractive your educational background might be, it is not a guarantee that it would secure you a job. People get jobs these days by bribing their way or having connections with does at the top. If you want to survive you would need one form of skill or the other to start up something for yourself.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You are on point. it is really appalling now that we can't do much about this situation. it is our reality now you just have to live with it and know that there's no job out there and that you just use your talents and acquired skills to get things going financially for you.

This is why anyone studying formally should also look for a way to study informally too. Skill acquisition now is very important.b We urge your skills you can become your own boss and do the things you want to do for money. With skills you become self employed and self independent.

it isn't easy now even online here we also needs skills acquisition to be able to make good money. Those that are taking up jobs that needs a good level of skills online are making good money. So definitely we need skills and without having one it will be to our disadvantage.

Mastergp

Verified member
Anyone who decided that acquiring a skill is out of his or her league shouldn't be called an industrious human being because as human we need to work hard with our hands in order to make earns means.

Many people choose the path of laziness because they think of making money is a boring or stressful thing to do. They prefer begging or doing other illegal things to get money instead of working harder to get this money.

When one refuses to acquire a skill he or she may not be able to provide for himself and his family. Most people chose illegal part to make money some choose robbery or stealing others property as their own because the refuse to acquire a skill.

Acquiring a skill makes one busy and ready to work hard in order to provide for himself not making him or her vulnerable to poverty but always ready when financial problems arose.

Finger Geek

Verified member
It is very important to have a skill. There are some course that are been study in the higher institution that are skill on there own like computer science and more like that. But for some that are not skill, we need to learn a skill.

In this previous two weeks, I have been busy with my skill both the online ones and the offline and I am not through with the works at hand. So with my skills , I am able to fight poverty. Last week, after posting advert of my digital skill, the following day I got called for work and I have carried out the work and collected my money. Likewise with my offline skill,I got work from clients and have been paid for the works I did and I still have more at hand now to carry out. With these skills that I have, I can not complain of bit having money.

Shaf

Verified member
Since people will only pay you based on how relevant and helpful they find your product or service, learning a skill becomes a priority. These days, most people have the skills, just not the right type.

There is so much hype around certain niches like medicine, technology, social media that people spend majority of their lives learning skills there. Once on the labor market, they discover that the niche is saturated. Some of us also follow this hype about doing business or getting a job online and end up disappointed.

I think it's best to settle for whatever pays the bills first though. You can take time to learn a skill that you enjoy and it's worth it in terms of pay. Children cam be taught from a young age to do things that interest them. At this stage, they have the opportunity to learn more than one skillset without relying on it to pay the bills.