Covid testing to be shouldered by the company

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In this pandemic era where almost every big company is employing the work-from-home system to prevent an outbreak of covid in their location, it is advised that the company should enforce a regular swab test for their employees. I would say that it is really a good measure to check on the employees of the company if they are well and healthy.

In the bank where my wife works, they get a swab test twice a month to ensure that they are all free from covid. Unfortunately there are employees found to be positive and about 2 to 5 employees every month are sent to quarantine. With the testing, it is onerous to the company if it is not earning well because admittedly business is down in this period. But the risk of an occurrence of a covid outbreak is minimized. One big company here that did not have a regular swab testing of their employees had an outbreak where 50 employees were found positive. That would be scary.

It is very important that companies take the health of their workers very serious. This is because if the health of the workers is not taken seriously it may affect the company greatly and also stunt the growth of the company. In this Covid19 pandemic, the company should play a role in ensuring that all their workers follow Covid19 protocol.

If all companies would cultivate the habit of doing a swab test once or twice every month it will go a long way to telling the staff that the company cares about them and wants them to be healthy. Constant check up routine of staff will also help save their life's from corona virus especially when it is detected early. I totally agree with you.