Common Mistakes Made By Small Youtubers

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you are a youtuber trying to build your career on youtube and if you do not have a lot of subscribers or views on your videos, you might be making some mistakes that might be making you hard to grow your channel and earn revenue.

Here are some common mistakes made by small youtubers.

Making videos that no one is interested: If you are a new on youtube, no one knows you there even when you post a video on how you made a million investing in cryptocurrency, or selling NFT. No one will notice you when you have few subscribers. Therefore, do not publish videos telling who you are or what you are doing to make money.

Wrong Intro: Another common mistake done by most small youtubers is using wrong intro. The first 10 seconds of your video is very important because that will determine whether the viewers will stay on your video or not. You need to create a great intro for viewers’ retention.

Not publishing videos regularly: A lot of small youtubers are not consistent in publishing videos. They begin by publishing new videos every day, and then stop publishing new videos for months.

Conclusion

If you avoid doing these mistakes, your channel might start growing big.

Mika

VIP Contributor
When I started on youtube, I did make a big mistake, my mistake was so bad that I could not build enough subscribers and watch time to reach the monetization threshold. It was so frustrating that I gave up youtube and started a blog. However, my mistake was not related to publishing videos that nobody was interested in or using the wrong intro, or even not being consistent in publishing videos. My mistake was publishing videos on a topic that I did not know much. I chose a niche just becuse it was considered profitable but sadly I did not know much.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Good one, there are many reasons a lot of people do not make money on YouTube. Some people open YouTube channel for some years but they are not able to monetize it because of lack of knowledge and understanding of how some certain things works and how they can put them in place. A lot of YouTubers just make videos because they want to make videos but at the end of the day they find out that there is no one watching the video. I have said this here before, that I have a mentor who monetized his YouTube channel within a month. This is simple knowledge and understanding of some strategies in which we can use to do the same. one thing you must do is that you must have proper knowledge of search engine optimisation because this will help you to know what people want and you make video on them. Another thing you need to consider first is choosing a very good niche because if you are in a niche that people are not interested in then there is no way you will monetize your YouTube channel. Another important factor is that you must create quality videos.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Youtubers, who are often small business owners with limited funding and a very small staff, make common mistakes when they are starting out.

Many small YouTube creators have very successful channels, with thousands of subscribers. However, many of these YouTubers are not making enough of the right decisions to maximize their potential.

Here are some of the most common mistakes that small YouTubers make:

-Leaving a negative or unprofessional comment on someone else's channel

-Not replying to comments left on their own channel

Other costlymistakes can be easily avoided by following these steps:

-Check the Contracts: Before submitting a video to Youtube, make sure that you have read and understand all aspects of their contracts. This will prevent any unnecessary legal trouble later down the line.

-Make Use of SubReddits: The internet is full of SubReddits dedicated to specific topics. If you are trying to get views on your videos, it is a good idea to post in these SubReddits.

-Stream on Twitch: Streaming on Twitch can help create a fanbase for your channel. It also gives you an opportunity to interact with your audience in real time.

-Don't Forget About Social Media: Make sure that you keep up with social media trends and use them to your advantage!

Setho

VIP Contributor
I have also observed that a lot of YouTubers also make a lot of mistakes when it comes to them trying to place advertisements. It is very important that you should know how to advertise a product strategically and you should not try to be forcing it on the faces of your users.
You should also learn how to be consistent but then it should be with quality content as you can make it as a point to yourself that you should always create at least one video a week or one video every two weeks depending on how creative you can be.