kayode10

VIP Contributor
Affiliate marketing ranks among the easiest and most lucrative online business newbies can ever start.

The reason is that you don't need to think about product creation or run the inventory. Just pick a product promote it and make sales simple and straight forward.

As simple as affiliate marketing sounds, if care is not taking, you can easy fail in the business and still not make a head way due to some mistakes you are making repeatedly.

so in this short article, I am going to talk about top five common mistakes made by affiliate and how to prevent them

1 Do nothing about market research. This is a big mistake, this alone can mar your journey if enter highly competitive niche.

2 Picking the wrong product for your audience. Just because it you want to make sales does not means you can just promote any product.

3 You don't provide quality contents, especially the product review. You have to supply your websites with every information that help them in making right buying decision.

These are from my observation, you might have more from your experience, you can as well drop in the comment for other to learn too.

Last edited:

cmoneyspinner

I started my affiliate marketing endeavors over 10 years ago and I can say that as a newbie I am guilty of all 3 counts! LOL.

Number 1: I picked a niche like … FOOD! Who doesn't like food? I signed up to market herbs and spices. Looking back, I think I probably should have done more research to explain how the ingredients could be used for cooking and for medicinal purposes.

Number 2: Eh! I think I just picked the wrong audience. Period! Also, I did not take the time to build my audience or grow my following.

Number 3: My content presentation has improved over the years. But my 1st blog posts for my products were a disaster!! The good thing is that your content is not written in stone. You can go back and edit and improve it. You should also check for broken affiliate links. There is nothing worse than a reader getting excited about your content, then clicking on a link, and ending up nowhere! There is no warning flag that pops to tell you the link is broken so you should check them at least every 6 to 8 months.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
When I do something, I don't do any mistakes, I start it with understanding; however to err is human, so this is normal that I too did mistake. My mistakes are from my personal experience -

1) Going for a lonesome alternative :- To find a google alternative, I decided to join which was less used, and hardly I found it popular; but I decided to gave it a try. There I was never able to make any profit and the platform too was closed after sometime.

2) Less promotion:- My second attempt was dropped due to low promotion of blogs, I used strong keywords and got some results, including google search, but never tried to promote elsewhere.

3) Less activity :- 3rd attempt also lost when I started, but did not give enough time to it, and forget it completely.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Affiliate marketing is not get rich quickly investment platform. There are some things to be put into places or else there may be labour in vain. The following are the some of the mistakes that affiliate marketers always make that have been hindering them from making enough money off affiliate marketing.

Choosing of wrong niche. An affiliate marketer should know how to choose well. All niches sell well but not all niches will sell well. This is because all niches have their own targeted audience. So we need to study our audience first, what do they like, why and now often do they need those things. All these are the questions that we need to ask ourselves before we can rightly choose the right niche for ourselves.

Marketing niche: we need to make sure that we choose the right platoform to promote our niche. It saddens me that de people choose the right niche but they don't have the right channel to market their niche. This will automatically amount to not having a good niche at all. So we need to find the place to promote our niches.

Some are too lazy to promote their niches even when they have found the channels to promote it due to laziness.

cmoneyspinner

When I first started affiliate marketing, the huge mistake that I made was BELIEVING that I needed a website. I signed up for several affiliate programs and was immediately approved. Then I found a D.I.Y. website builder app and started building websites. My websites looked great! Problem was there was no traffic to them so nobody visited to click on the links.

Then I got smart and signed up for writing sites that allowed you to share affilate links in your content. The best site ever was Squidoo. I actually earned commissions monthly. What happened? That site got acquired by HUBPages. HUBPages played by different rules regarding affiliate marketing and my income dried up!

It took me years before I realized that I did not need to build a website or join a writing site. I could just share affiliate links via my social media accounts. It's a good thing it did me years to learn because it also took me years to gain followers and the value of good hashtags. Now ... even though my income is not as much as I would it to be, at least I am earning. I do most of my affiliate marketing via my social media accounts.