Cardano Vs. Ethereum: Can Cardano Ethereum Market Cap?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Experts often compare Ethereum and Cardano because they are almost similar. Currently, ETH is world’s second biggest crypto coin and ADA is 8th by market cap. By market cap, ETH is almost 10 times bigger than ADA. In order to surpass Ethereum Market Cap, Cardano will have to gain value by 823 percent and trade at $4. Is that actually possible?

Ethereum has more constrained infrastructure, therefore, it has high operating cost, higher energy consumption and slow transaction speed. Cardano offers the solutions to the issues of Ethereum, however, Cardano development has not very sluggish.

Cardano’s proof-of-stake ouroboros consensus algorithm has better adaptability compared to Ethereums’ proof-of-work blockchian.

After the Alonzo upgrade, Cardano has become compatible with smart contracts, therefore, it is often hailed as Ethereum killer. Soon, it s expected to introduce Vasil hard fork. This upgrade is expected to make Cardano more scalable and boost performance.

But at the moment, reaching its previous all time high of $3.09 is still a far cry.

Suba

Staff member
The topic of Ethereum and Cardano was trending on Twitter a year ago. Until now, the Ethereum Blockchain is most widely used by developers to build new tokens such as Tether (USDT), USD Coin (USDC), Uniswap (UNI), SHIB, Wrapped Bitcoin etc.

Cardano uses the PoS blockchain protocol which values the stakes' coin gain percentage more. Cardano limits the number of coins that will be in circulation (max supply) so it will create a scarcity while Ether does not limit the max supply amount. The Ouroboros protocol on the Cardano blockchain is capable of processing 1 million transactions per second, which is much larger than Ethereum, which is currently only able to process 15 transactions per second.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Cardano is a nice cryptocurrency with good potential but the reason why I may not likely have interest to invest in the cryptocurrency is because of the huge total supply . Because this it may be impossible for the coin to reach a reasonable price that is expected of by many people . It is a potential cryptocurrency and based on what they have to offer I think their foundation is very strong and people can invest for long-term purpose if they have the money to and interest to do so

Ethereum in the other hand is also a nice cryptocurrency but is so huge to my liking and I can't invest in huge cryptocurrency like that . I just believe it's not going to be profitable to me but I rather look for cryptocurrency with low market cap and invest in them , the possibility of generating profit here will be much easier.

coinsrider

Both are good coins to buy and hold having a large growth ahead in there respective spaces to who are not aware the idea of ETH was created by the current concurrently with the founder of ETH.

Hooligan

Imo, I don’t think this will happen. Even though ADA has grown substantially ADA has more tokens than ETH has which lowers the value of ADA.

Phytology

If the financial experts are to be believed, the rising value of cardano can surely match the market of ethereum and give it a strong competition. But I believe that it’s best to keep a close watch on it and see if it is actually worth it or not.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
Now that Ethereum too has a POS algorithm, I think the winner is Ethereum.
But what I see is opposite, there is a very small minority of websites paying with ethereum especially the amount sent may be even be lower from transaction fee but sites adopting Cardano as solution of payment are 5 times more than adopting Ethereum as solution of payment.