Business Ideas Can some one make good profit from selling flowers?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I have been seeing many people doing this business of plant flower to sale when its grows up. I usually see them beside road sometime with different types of flowers and plant but my instinct is telling to start the same business.

Though I latter learnt that some body need to know more about planting of flowers and plant before one can venture in to the business.
Some body told me that its horticulturist that use to do the business.
And this profession call horticulture can be describe as an act or practice of gardening and cultivating plant and trees.

Horticulture are the agriculturist who grow flowers, fruits and nuts, vegetables and herbs as well as ornamental trees and laws.

So I really need your advice on this on how to go about it.
Is planting of flowers a lucrative business?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
It depends on the type of business about flowers. You can have your own flower farm and a store in the mall or you can just plant flowering plants and supply the stores or the other way around that you only buy cut flowers from a farm. The flower business is most profitable if you are the wholesaler with the retailers as your clients.

Mika

VIP Contributor
You can make money by selling flowers. I know a lot of people who are earning a living just by selling flowers. however, in order to earn money by selling flowers your business needs to be located in the right place, in a place where people visit in large numbers. A cemetary is one such place.

Skysaint

Verified member
It do believe one could actually make some profits from having to engage in flowering business but in my locality, I don't think anyone who wants to go into the business should expect lots of profits tho. I basically mean that your products could sell here but don't expect too much from it as the rate people do patronize the commodity is minimal

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Most people I know that sell flowers don't actually sell only it in their shops. People who sell interior decoration materials often sell flowers and they probably make a whole lot of money from it. So if you're planning going into this kind of business bear it in mind that you're not going to be selling flowers only.

ghunt

I have been seeing many people doing this business of plant flower to sale when its grows up. I usually see them beside road sometime with different types of flowers and plant but my instinct is telling to start the same business.

Though I latter learnt that some body need to know more about planting of flowers and plant before one can venture in to the business.
And this profession call horticulture can be describe as an act or practice of gardening and cultivating plant and trees.

Horticulture are the agriculturist who grow flowers, fruits and nuts, vegetables and herbs as well as ornamental trees and laws.

Hi, I have just started my own back Garden nursery, you can still achieve growing bulbs and tubers as cut flowers, I would start off with gowing 6 diffrent species of flowers, and test your market of which ones have the most interest, then focus on them to maximize your growing space. You certainly do not need to be a professional at this, not in our time.
Consider letting your friends and family know and go for it. If you can grow on an Acre of land then that will be a good start for you. I wish all the luck and enjoy it, because I love it!

camselegantti

yes obviously, who doesn't love flowers? you have to have attractive flowers to sell! Ggod luck!

Good luck

Verified member
Selling flower is not a bad business infact it is a good business,one needs to do a good visibility studies of people that love flower . People beautify The home with different types of flowers that look very much attractive.l prefer Marigold.it is lovely.Flourist make good money in dealing with flowers.The flower smells nice and change the atmosphere aroma.

jannymiles

Hiring a CAD provider that offers custom software development solutions that meet your business processes is essential for success. By outsourcing your web design and development needs, you can focus on your core business processes without having to learn new technology and programming mlsdev.com/blog/hire-app-developer. This means you can continue focusing on making profit while outsourcing all of your technology needs. This also saves you time, which everyone in this industry knows is money!

Last edited:

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Flower selling business is seasonal. this means that you can make each amount of money occasionally. it can be very hard to make money all round the year with this kind of business. I think it will be very good to set up a business that compliment flower selling in order to make money regularly.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Flower selling business is seasonal. this means that you can make each amount of money occasionally. it can be very hard to make money all round the year with this kind of business. I think it will be very good to set up a business that compliment flower selling in order to make money regularly.
You are very right about this. there is issues when some businesses boom and there are seasons when you cannot make any profit from them. I think it is very important to take this kind of business as a side and seasonal business. Or you can be selling it with other things.

Jonaville

This type of business is restricted to florists. I'm sure no one can just wake up one random day and decides he wants to sell flowers. A florist knows his flowers and if he has the sweet and beautiful looking ones, surely it will attract people's attention and they will want to get it.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Yeah most people make flowers and sell to make good profit ,there are actually flowers that could be majorly used in designing homes and performing various functions , although pick a better location if your aim is actually in starting such kind of business I think , that's the basics

dagm

I feel that one may make some money from having to engage in the blossoming industry, but in my area, I don't believe that anyone who wants to get into the business should expect to make a lot of money. I'm implying that your things might sell here, but don't expect too much because the rate at which people patronize the commodity is low.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I feel that one may make some money from having to engage in the blossoming industry, but in my area, I don't believe that anyone who wants to get into the business should expect to make a lot of money. I'm implying that your things might sell here, but don't expect too much because the rate at which people patronize the commodity is low.
It depends on the location that the person based in that would determine the amount of profit ,the person would be earning from the business ,I think some people actually study horticulture in school and they make beautiful flowers for home as a living for themselves I think

Anna Embry

Yes someone can earn good profit with this business because now these days flowers are used mostly in function, house decorations. Florists can make good money in seasonal flowers.