Business Ideas How I make profit in Four months by selling out bags of grains

• Thread starter Deleted member 62875
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62875

Great minds think alike.Bussiness is the way forward after struggling hard farming and gaining profit very loosely.
It was 2019 I bounce on an idea of buying farm produce Imidiately after harvest.I do so because during harvest the farm produce are less cost and in abundance.During that period I bought 30 bags of soya bean at the cost of 13000# per bag and store them.After like 3 to 4 month when food is scarce and manufacturing companies are into the market to buy grains I take the grains I stored out to market and sold them at the cost of 2500# per bag.I so much make profit with that business idea and am living by that idea, I farm no more but I earn more than farmers with less rist of business failure

Jasz

VIP Contributor
I like to start my contribution by congratulating you. It's not easy to get an insight, follow and still execute it.

It's still not obvious to people (investors) how agricultural business is. The fact is as far as "agriculture"is concerned, you will always have your profit, now or in future. I still have the mindset of going into agriculture when I have reasonable resources.

Agriculture will not just grow you and your family but the nation and the world at large.

Anything agriculture is what we cannot do without, there could be scarcity and not surplus of it that people won't demand.

Agriculture is here to stay, we should take this opportunity now.

Caramelle

This is a great idea if you have sufficient and secure storage for the grains. It's a potentially profitable idea that we can apply to other agricultural products with long shelf life. However, it carries some risks as well if the storage place is prone to flooding and other natural calamities. Also, if you have to wait for months to sell the products, then your money is stuck with the product instead of being reinvested to earn further profits. When you're ready to sell the product at a time when it is scarce, the high price could dissuade buyers. if you are targetting large manufacturers, remember that they, too, have the capital to purchase these stocks in bulk in preparation for the lean months when the prices go higher. These are just some of the things we need to consider if we are planning to make a profit from this business idea.​

D

Deleted member 62875

I like to start my contribution by congratulating you. It's not easy to get an insight, follow and still execute it.

It's still not obvious to people (investors) how agricultural business is. The fact is as far as "agriculture"is concerned, you will always have your profit, now or in future. I still have the mindset of going into agriculture when I have reasonable resources.

Agriculture will not just grow you and your family but the nation and the world at large.

Anything agriculture is what we cannot do without, there could be scarcity and not surplus of it that people won't demand.

Agriculture is here to stay, we should take this opportunity now.
Great minds think alike, its very clear on the Nigerian flag, green, white and green

D

Deleted member 62875

It's clearly explained on the Nigerian flag 😊green, white and green

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Selling of grains is a lucrative business especially in Nigeria. There is a Time that grains used to be cheaper and the supplier used to be many so that time one can buy and wait for a time that things will go up due to the season and the resale at high price.
Any thing that have to do with Agriculture used to bring good profit if one can get customer for it and sell.
Though before one can succeed in doing this one need to target the season so that and make good use of the opportunity. Its a real good business though many people user to over look it.

Shaf

Verified member
This is a great way to make money passively especially when you get the hang of it. Some people simply purchase the raw food materials and store it, whole some might process it to a form that's more convenient for use and thus more expensive.

It comes with a lot of challenges though and I've seen people get wrecked sometimes.

One major thing to consider before starting is the storage space, which should be in a safe location, few from pests and rodents and large enough.

You also need to have sufficient capital to make significant gains, and you should have a proper understanding of the market and how it works. It's also a bonus if you have excellent negotiation skills to bargain prices with buyer.

Overall, it would be nice to try it out with money you have no need for in a short while.

Setho

VIP Contributor
This is actually a very brilliant idea that you have devised in order to be making money from the agricultural industry . This is a particular industry that I think a lot of people have left to be completely untapped as there is a lot of potentials that you can be able to utilise there.

Normally one of the ways that and shows an increasing amount of food wastage and also increasing the amount of Hunger is the lack of storage facilities . This is why farmers during the harvest season are usually very fast to sell their farm produce so as they are not going to be perished . This now gives an advantage to the people who can afford storage facilities for them to buy and then try to sell it off during the planting season when it is expected that it is going to increase in value.

Apart from food storage you can also engage in the processing of food . This can be a little bit more expensive but then it is something that can be able to bring you guaranteed income because normal farm produce is usually not in table form at the time of harvest . You can be able to convert them into matches or into food that people can be able to consume immediately .