Business ideas for students.

Samuel72

Verified member
According to my own point of view there are many business ideas for students it all depends on the one you feel comfortable with and also the business that moves well in your environment. because when starting a business you need to consider the environment which you are about to start the business. As a student you can start up book selling business in the campus or in the school. wherever you are, that will be more easier and more comfortable for you

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
As a student,there are lots of small business you can start with yet still focusing on your studies,my sister is a student,she prepares cake early in the morning,then when going to school she will drop it at the canteen for sale,after school she gets her money,and she also have the chance to read her books

Setfragil

There a lot of businesses that a student can venture into it depends on his or her areas of interest and expertise. If she is a lady she can learn hair dressing before she go to school if he is a man he can learn barbing, they can both be helping their colleagues in school with their hairs and getting paid token for the service rendered. One can also sell fashionable but inexpensive wears among his mate.

eojo2401

There are some many businesses that student can own either for a short period of time or longer period. It all depends on how capable student is and how chanced he or she is so as to be able to monitor the business very well . A student can have an hairdressing shop or be a stylist or Barbing saloon, or start selling some things either online or offline.
Yes, hairdressing or barbing saloon is also a good business for students. I have a cousin, he started his barbing saloon business when he was a student of osun state polytechnic Iree. Today he has more than three barbing saloon shop in Iree and its environs. When I ask him to apply for an employment in the state civil service. He just laughed at me and said "my brother, government can not pay my salary" the current salary from my business is okay for me.

Chommyluv

There was a time our leaders used to tell us education is the key to success but unfortunately when they discovered that we have had that key, they now changed the padlock. They way things are going in the world particularly in Nigeria, education qualification will be useless like rotten food. My best advice for the students is to look inward and search for the business you can ventures into that will make you dependent. I could recall when I was in the polytechnic, I started phone call and recharge card business to sponsor my HND education and that business is what lead me to flexible banking services business which now my offline business. You can learn a lot of skills of your choice and invested in it. The reader can also dropped any business ideas that you know that is good for students. May the Lord bless your all.
Like you said, telecommunications business is also a good one; selling of airtime of all networks, data, subscription of gotv, Dstv, startime and what have you and electricity bill payment. One can join the above with POS business, many people use to neglect this telecommunications business because the ROI may be small but it's a moving business, no one can do without telecommunications services.

Dorcey

There are some many businesses that student can own either for a short period of time or longer period. It all depends on how capable student is and how chanced he or she is so as to be able to monitor the business very well . A student can have an hairdressing shop or be a stylist or Barbing saloon, or start selling some things either online or offline.

eojo2401

Combining education and running a business in school is stressful and it's worth it in a long run, when I was schooling I did small petty work like laundry services mostly at the weekends, I also help in project works, this I did till my third year before I focused on learning forex trading. It will be difficult when you start but as you continue,you will be able to adjust and create time for yourself.
Yes, it is difficult but one has to pay the Price and make hay when the sun shines. Being in an academic environment is an added advantage for business, because of the population of that area and population is a major factors that determines the number of customers you will have as business owner. And don't forget, the more customers you have, the more profit you make.

Taiwoayan

There are alot of business idea for students in school. The most important thing is commitment by the student. Recharge card selling is a business that involves little money to startup. Laundry is another business student can do which will really bring income depending on the packaging

Adetayo100

There are many business you could engage in as a student which are buying and selling around the school environment such as female cloths, you could sell to your friends if you are female it will be easy to get customers and also market your products. You can also sell men wears too. You can sell recharge card too and other school supplies equipments.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
For students my usual advice for a business is selling. Any kind of product that is applicable or can be in demand by students particularly the classmate will do. In doing small business in school you have the advantage of getting support from your classmates and from other students that you know. Just be sure of the quality of your product.

Victor001

Combining education and running a business in school is stressful and it's worth it in a long run, when I was schooling I did small petty work like laundry services mostly at the weekends, I also help in project works, this I did till my third year before I focused on learning forex trading. It will be difficult when you start but as you continue,you will be able to adjust and create time for yourself.

B

Bolu1234

There was a time our leaders used to tell us education is the key to success but unfortunately when they discovered that we have had that key, they now changed the padlock. They way things are going in the world particularly in Nigeria, education qualification will be useless like rotten food. My best advice for the students is to look inward and search for the business you can ventures into that will make you dependent. I could recall when I was in the polytechnic, I started phone call and recharge card business to sponsor my HND education and that business is what lead me to flexible banking services business which now my offline business. You can learn a lot of skills of your choice and invested in it. The reader can also dropped any business ideas that you know that is good for students. May the Lord bless your all.
As a student.....there are many businesses one can engage in. It could range from selling items to fellow students, barbing, hair dressing and so on. You just have to find out what other students need and with whatever little capital you have, you can start your business and start learning.

Ozigba Richard Lamai

Yeah different business ideas for students that students can take advantage of when they are going to school, business like salons fashion design and also a cafe business, all this will enable the students to get and make more money for himself when he or she is studying in school.however students who do business should be very very dedicated in what they do and also be able to put both ideas together and rough for them not to fail in their exams.

Highflyer

As a student there are variety of business opportunities available on and off campus and you should consider going into them. You can decide to go into beauty and makeup which consists of hairstyling, facial makeup, gele and bead making, etc. You can also start baking cakes, pastries and small chops as students love partying a lot.

eojo2401

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
A student can endulge in a variety of business mosly during this time that corona virus has chased student out of the classroom space and all classes are now held virtually. So there seems to be more time for the student to explore other forms of activities mostly business related. A student could go into computer services, and online work.

Planet408

The list is uncountable if it were to be counted. Students can engage themselves in many businesses and without much distractions in their studies. I do advice students to do this no matter how small the profit might be. Recharge card business is cool and one has to be consistent in it order to maintain your customer base.

Georgeadawara

As a student they are many kinds of business that you can Manage as a student the ideas are . Asa student you can start selling a recharged card which is very simple to manage . You can start selling data which at all times the student are in need of it . You can have cafe or photocopy shops to help you that to is manageable.

Lekhraj19

Verified member
Your idea and the business was good. As a student, I have seen some of our senior colleagues who have started a business being in college and it's a dream thing for anyone if they start a business at a short age and when things come your way, you are really pumped up. I also want to start a business at some point in the future.

Olajidey

As a student, if you are interested in earning money online if have to get a mentor to teach you any of the skill online and you can use it to get earn money as a freelancer online but if you are interested in offline business you can get a printing shop and be printing for the student also photocopy along