Business ideas for university students.

Peppul

Imagine the combination of being in school and being broke. Stressful right?
Seeing that the Nigerian system doesn't really facilitate working and schooling at the same time, life can be at the very best hard for university students, and frustrating at worst. Given the alarming rate of unemployment of college graduates in the country, setting and establishing financial goals while still in school is a wise decision. There are so many options for financial empowerment available to help support university undergraduates while still in school and also help determine future source of income, once they become graduates. Here are some options that can be useful.
1. Tutoring
2. Freelance writing.
3. Graphic design.
4. Ushering.
5. Hair making.
6. Blogging.
7. Sport training.
If you have more you can also add to the list to help those who are interested.

Maks25

Well it is good as a student to have a side paying business. Apart from these ones you listed, you can start selling things you know is needed in your school area. Like me I sell recharge cards and it's great.
Blogging is also a great idea for a student.

Peppul

Well it is good as a student to have a side paying business. Apart from these ones you listed, you can start selling things you know is needed in your school area. Like me I sell recharge cards and it's great.
Blogging is also a great idea for a student.
Selling of recharge cards is good too and very profitable because students can't do without calling their boyfriends or girlfriends and mainly they can't do without browsing too. And I remembered when I was in school then I engaged my self in photography and it's very profitable business, because girls especially, they like taking pictures unlike men, although I still don't understand why they are programmed that way but it was a good business because most of my customers were all female and with their help I was able to use the money I gained to finish my school and graduate. So you can also try that too.

D

Deleted member 27583

Yeah i like all the options of job you gave out here,I remember a friend of mine when we are in school back then,she knows how to make hair before she gain admission into university then..
So after lectures she go around the school hotel telling our fellow student she makes hair incase anyone need her services ,she did the advertising of her self, I guess for two weeks or so..
When one of the student need her to make hair for her and she practically did it well,the student she made hair for go on and be telling the rest student how good she is in hair making ...When we graduate we lost contact and the last time we met she took me to her beauty salon shop in a well know area with a lot of staff working for her and she pay them as well... So its really good to have some kind of skills while school it will help a lot ....
Seeing that the Nigerian system doesn't really facilitate working and schooling at the same time, life can be at the very best hard for university students, and frustrating at worst. Given the alarming rate of unemployment of college graduates in the country, setting and establishing financial goals while still in school is a wise decision. There are so many options for financial empowerment available to help support university undergraduates while still in school and also help determine future source of income, once they become graduates. Here are some options that can be useful.
1. Tutoring
2. Freelance writing.
3. Graphic design.
4. Ushering.
5. Hair making.
6. Blogging.
7. Sport training.

D

Deleted member 27583

Yeah i like all the options of job you gave out here,I remember a friend of mine when we are in school back then,she knows how to make hair before she gain admission into university then..
So after lectures she go around the school hotel telling our fellow student she makes hair incase anyone need her services ,she did the advertising of her self, I guess for two weeks or so..
When one of the student need her to make hair for her and she practically did it well,the student she made hair for go on and be telling the rest student how good she is in hair making ...When we graduate we lost contact and the last time we met she took me to her beauty salon shop in a well know area with a lot of staff working for her and she pay them as well... So its really good to have some kind of skills while school it will help a lot ....
1. Tutoring
2. Freelance writing.
3. Graphic design.
4. Ushering.
5. Hair making.
6. Blogging.
7. Sport training.

Olajidey

We have an online business and offline business
for online business I will suggest a freelance site like Fiverr and Upwork, he or she should sign up and see all the skill he or she knows he can handle best on it and create gid and wait for other.
For offline business, I will advise the person if he or she can get little money to buy a printer and photocopy machine, believe me, this is what a friend of mine used to sponsor himself trout his days in university.

Nii41

Printing will be a good business for a student. The business has to be part time so he/she can have time for their studies as well. Printing is a lucrative business you can run as a student in your hostel. Especially in universities, students have multiple handouts to photocopy, projects and assignments to print out, etc. This business will surely be successful as long as you have little to no competitors. In a case where you have competitors, ensure that you are always available when you are not having lectures or studying for exams, you can reduce your price as long as you wont run on a loss.

D

Deleted member 28873

Tutoring. Are you skilled in teaching? Then you
may want to deploy your skills into tutoring other
students. By starting a private tutoring business, you
can offer coaching sessions in the evenings and late
night when college students are often up reading and
studying. You can advertise your services online and
also using social media especially, or you can simply
solicit referrals from students in campus.
2. Freelance writing. By now I’m guessing you know
that most entrepreneurial moves usually reflects the
unique skill set of the entrepreneur. So, if you’re a
skilled writer and you’ve got expertise in a particular
niche, you can start taking freelancing jobs.

Gilead

Typing and editing business....Most students have need to type their assignments, projects and thesis. If you have a personal computer, you can start up a typing business.
How this works is you collect the handwritten assignments and type in the evening, after school. If you lack speed-typing skills, install a typing tutorial software like Mavis Beacon and start practicing.
After typing, you take it to a computer center to print out at N20 per page. You can charge between N50 to N100 per page for each typing job. This gives you a profit margin of between N30 to N80 per page. If you can type 20 pages per day, that gives you 800 – 1,600 daily and 4,800 – 9,600 weekly in extra income.

Profwriter

1. Tutoring
2. Freelance writing.
3. Graphic design.
4. Ushering.
5. Hair making.
6. Blogging.
7. Sport training.
University students can really make good money in school if they choose to, like every trade it will be very demanding and it may affect the students academic performance but if the student can get some help or form of assistance then he or she will do well both in business and in academics.

The students environment is usually densely populated, every now and then, photocopy jobs, typing jobs are always been demanded for. Sales of water, drinks, recharge cards, chargers, can also be a good way to start for those who don't have money.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Businss that a university student can do some time is many but I will also like to list some.
(1) A university students can start selling recharge card . You can buy recharge card of like #5k different networks and be selling it.
(2) You can sell Garri since its students environment.
(3) You can also sell groundnut to compliment that garri you are selling.
(4) You can learn how to snap picture and become a photographers in the campus.
(5) If you know anybody that have photocopiers machine you can also lias with the person and be doing part time job there to earn a living.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
1. Tutoring
2. Freelance writing.
3. Graphic design.
4. Ushering.
5. Hair making.
6. Blogging.
7. Sport training.
I have always been an advocate of making money by the side as a student. In my time we called it hustling, which isn’t a bad idea at all. There are many ways of making in the campus provided one isn’t lazy and isn’t just a book-worm, money can be made. Selling of recharge cards, clothing, groceries or jewelries’ are things that one can really sell in camp. Another good avenue is tutoring others and making money off them. Just look around for what you can sell for money.